Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Brides venue washed away in Hurricane Sandy... How do you...

ckhagen
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · Brides venue washed away in Hurricane Sandy... How do you deal with that!?!?

This is exactly the reason I always mention wedding insurance to couples. Seriously, it's a couple hundred bucks and if something like this happens, everyone gets taken care of. Wedding planners and venues should really push people to buy these policies considering the amount of money being spent and the number of things that can go horribly wrong. I live in hurricane alley, so I think it's a no brainer...

Nov 01, 2012 at 05:13 PM
Jamesbjenkins
• • •
p.2 #2 · Brides venue washed away in Hurricane Sandy... How do you deal with that!?!?

Wife >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Client.

Nuff said.

Refund and referral to someone you trust.

Nov 01, 2012 at 06:09 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · Brides venue washed away in Hurricane Sandy... How do you deal with that!?!?

ckhagen wrote:
This is exactly the reason I always mention wedding insurance to couples. Seriously, it's a couple hundred bucks and if something like this happens, everyone gets taken care of. Wedding planners and venues should really push people to buy these policies considering the amount of money being spent and the number of things that can go horribly wrong. I live in hurricane alley, so I think it's a no brainer...

Damn good idea. I need to start mentioning that.

Nov 01, 2012 at 06:30 PM
awad
• •
p.2 #4 · Brides venue washed away in Hurricane Sandy... How do you deal with that!?!?

amonline wrote:
Damn good idea. I need to start mentioning that.

Absolutely. Honestly didn't even know this was a thing.

Nov 01, 2012 at 06:32 PM
ckhagen
• • • •
p.2 #5 · Brides venue washed away in Hurricane Sandy... How do you deal with that!?!?

www.wedsure.com or www.wedsafe.com are the two places I send people.
If you're really pragmatic, you can add a rider for "change of heart" too. If I were parents paying for one of these five-figure shindigs, I would be pretty tempted to do just that. You can get weather coverage that will cover the cost of a last minute tent rental for rained out, outdoor weddings.

Nov 01, 2012 at 08:41 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

andreasavd

p.2 #6 · Brides venue washed away in Hurricane Sandy... How do you deal with that!?!?

acts of god...okay, well whatever happened to good customer relations and referrals.
I have no idea what you took as deposit..but you have a few options.
in this situation, given the enormity of what happened there, it's a tough call.

i'd refund ALL the money, regardless of the contract.
then, i'd rebook her with two shooters and if your wife is not due that day, show up anyway. she will LOVE you for being there if she wanted you to begin with.

you may loose a bit of cash on this one, but if you go all out for her she'll talk about it for ever.

Nov 12, 2012 at 02:32 PM
NathanHamler
• • • •
p.2 #7 · Brides venue washed away in Hurricane Sandy... How do you deal with that!?!?

DONIV wrote:
you can always opt to induce the baby to an exact date...

I've never heard of an OB that would entertain the thought of inducing a delivery just to help a schedule conflict...good luck with that one...

Just ask your wife how she feels, let the bride know what's going on, and i'm SURE she'll understand, given the circumstances....

Nov 12, 2012 at 03:24 PM
jomazo

Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #8 · Brides venue washed away in Hurricane Sandy... How do you deal with that!?!?

I would refund. And pass the baton to another photog or you most trusted backup team And if it's your first child....no price for that moment in your life.

Nov 20, 2012 at 02:46 PM
Bruce Sawle
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #9 · Brides venue washed away in Hurricane Sandy... How do you deal with that!?!?

scottam10 wrote:
^^this

The date is moving due to an Act of God, I think the professional thing to do is either
1. Reschedule without charge
2. Cancel, refund and recommend another photographer

Chances of your wife delivering on her due date are slim, and if you ask her to move the wedding forward or back a week, your wife is just as likely to go into labour on the new date
- anytime around the due date there is a risk of course

Your first reason ('might book another client') seems silly to me, I don't understand how this is relevant unless you're planning to dump
...Show more

I was called for Jury Duty almost 9 years ago. I made it to the final selection I explained to the judge and two lawyers that my wife was due on the 26th the first day of the trial. One of the Lawyers said this should only take a week what's the chance of your wife delivering on her due date. I told them if she does deliver I will not show up or call. I just won't exist anymore on this jury. They debated for a while and went ahead and selected me as one of the jurors. My wife went into labor on the 26th her due date. I did not show up or call. it was the most amazing day. Be upfront with the bride let her know your wifes due date is that day and that if you can't make it because of your wife you would have 2 shooters to cover for you.

Nov 20, 2012 at 03:18 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password