Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Large Groups

escandon23

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Large Groups

First of all nothing to do with sports but, maybe someone has similar dealings with having to deal with large groups.
having to photograph children doing their sacraments, which will be prepaid, but are close to six hundred kids! doing 50 at a time. im required to have the photos organized and handy when it comes time for pickup. my question is whats the best way to photograph and later edit and know what kid it is?

last person photographed the children in the gym with a name tag on them and when shooting in the church, shot away, and referenced the kids with name in post with the pics she took in the gym...thinking has to be an easier way? Please HELP!

Oct 31, 2012 at 03:03 AM
Carl Auer
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Large Groups

moved from sports

Oct 31, 2012 at 03:46 AM
jefferies1
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Large Groups

I have an assistant write name in book then when I shoot I call out the last photo number shown on the camera. such as IMG 1150. I know that set belongs to that id number and the 1-2 before depending on how many shots I take. Re-set and Start at 1 to keep it all in order.

Oct 31, 2012 at 07:37 PM

escandon23

p.1 #4 · Large Groups

Thanks, that would work great for my gym scenario but how would i match them up from the ones i took hours later in the church, in post? Ideas? and thanks for your response.

Oct 31, 2012 at 08:10 PM
Tom Robinson

p.1 #5 · Large Groups

The person in charge of religious Ed has a list of the kids from each session and in the order they will go up to the altar. Get a copy of it for each session have an assistant either write down your file numbers next to the name coming up or just take down the start and finish number for the session shooting a couple of blank frames of the floor to indicate the end of that group. Go back with your list and write down the best image number for each child.
You will then need to correlate what group picture belongs to each session for printing.

Personally I prefer to take posed portraits prior to the actual event.

Tom

Oct 31, 2012 at 10:05 PM
escandon23

p.1 #6 · Large Groups

thanks tom. but photos in gym are only for reference, as i will be shooting the children doing their sacraments and was wondering if there was a better way to match up the faces in gym with faces in church as church photos will not have time to ask name.

Nov 03, 2012 at 02:34 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password