Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · A Blue Jay

Anand Pichumani
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · A Blue Jay

Hi,

I just got into bird photography. This was taken on a very rainy day in Oregon. Wish I had the time to change out to my 100-400 to get a closer shot.

But in my mind I think sticking to my 70 200 for use of 2.8 was a better choice.

Please critique on the composition, exposure and any processing technique that I can improve.

Thanks,
Anand

Anand Pichumani 2012

f/2.8 1/60 ISO800 at 200m

Oct 30, 2012 at 11:08 PM
ben egbert
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · A Blue Jay

Nice shot, looks pretty good. Maybe a bit too much other stuff for a place like Birds as Art, but you got the bird sharp and well exposed. It seems just a tad over sharpened, but thats a personal issue.

If it were mine, I would clone out the overhead branch above the bird and the vertical twig behind it.

Oct 30, 2012 at 11:29 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · A Blue Jay

+1

Oct 31, 2012 at 12:02 AM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · A Blue Jay

I would suggest a closer crop - make the bird larger in the frame. Also reduce the background clutter. If you can't do it in camera, sometimes cleaning up the background in post processing is the way to go.

Oct 31, 2012 at 03:09 AM
Anand Pichumani
• •
p.1 #5 · A Blue Jay

Thank you all for your comments.

Yes, I definitely wanted to get a closer tighter shot, but for the conditions, I had to use the 2.8 lens.

I will try to do the clone out of the twigs as Auntipod has done, but I usually find this a very difficult job. The challenge is to get a even flow of clone stamp.

Oct 31, 2012 at 04:51 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password