Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Weirdness with glasses.

swoop
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Weirdness with glasses.

I don't do a lot of studio work so this is new to me but what is going on with this guys glasses? I can't figure it out. Is there a posing/lighting solution to this I can use in the future?

And FYI it is just his glasses. The subject I photographed right after him wore glasses as well and her shots are fine.

Oct 29, 2012 at 06:12 AM
BrianO
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Weirdness with glasses.

He has a very strong prescription, and you're seeing the reverse side of the refraction needed to correct his eyesight.

Not much you can do with lighting or posing, but you can fix it in post processing if you plan ahead, by shooting duplicates of each pose -- one with and one without glasses -- and then inserting the non-glasses parts into the with-glasses shots.

You can also fix the existing shots similarly; I've taken the liberty of making a sample. With experience it goes pretty quickly (this took me about 10 minutes, including the major retouching of the glasses area and minor retouching of the skin and hair), but it does take some practice before it goes that quickly.

Oct 29, 2012 at 06:46 AM
RDKirk
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Weirdness with glasses.

I usually fix it rather than compositing, probably in the same manner BrianO did: basically, select the lens areas (on the same layer), scale up, erase the area outside the frame, flatten.

Oct 29, 2012 at 09:12 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

BrianO
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Weirdness with glasses.

BTW, Swoop; I see from your profile User Profile that you're in New York City. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours as you face this major storm.

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:38 PM
swoop
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Weirdness with glasses.

BrianO wrote:
BTW, Swoop; I see from your profile User Profile that you're in New York City. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours as you face this major storm.

Thanks. There are two trees down on my block, one just about in front of my house that has brought the power lines down with it. There are also wires in front of my neighbors house that have sparked. Luckily I still have power and there's no property damage but it has been a mess.

Oct 30, 2012 at 02:30 AM
jefferies1
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Weirdness with glasses.

BrianO had good advice. A second photo without the glasses makes re-touching faster and easier. It gives you the missing piece to work with. I have had a lot of the missing face issue lately. 3 from a shoot today and I forgot to get the duplicate shot. Took 3 times longer to fix. Last time I will forget!

Nov 05, 2012 at 08:44 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password