Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Hong Kong Street Photography

JTS1
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Hong Kong Street Photography

Bought a D800E on Friday and wanted to see if I could use it for street photography.

There are more photos from yesterday/s tour at :http://www.siano.asia/Travel/Hong-Kong-Street-Photography/26195852_8CWGdZ#!i=2179113374&k=GdB42F2

C&C are most welcomed!

Oct 28, 2012 at 09:25 PM
rattymouse
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Hong Kong Street Photography

The processing here I find harsh and extraordinarily hard to look at. Sorry.

Oct 28, 2012 at 10:25 PM
renfield33
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Hong Kong Street Photography

which lens did you use?

also, i don't understand these photos. the d800 has insane dynamic range and there are blown highlights all over the place. did you do that on purpose?

Oct 28, 2012 at 11:56 PM
JTS1
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Hong Kong Street Photography

I used the 70-200mm VRii and the 24-70mm. I guess I went a little crazy with Nik. I was trying to be 'artistic' but judging by the first two comments, maybe I was 'autistic'. 😩

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Velu01
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Hong Kong Street Photography

Guess you went a bit over the top and actually didn't do your D800 a favour
Just give it another try !
Like the expression of the "Canon guy"

Rgds
Velu

Oct 29, 2012 at 04:28 PM

boingyman
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Hong Kong Street Photography

Yep, way over the top with the Dave Hill look. Please don't take this the wrong way, but there is nothing visually appealing about these shots that hold the viewer and IMO look like overly processed snapshots on the street. Use a FL between 24-50, get close to your subjects, have no fear, be creative with choice of apeture/shutter speed and try to put multiple elements together. People on the streets combined with other compositional elements (lines, shapes, colors, layers, light/shadow awareness, movement, juxtaposition, etc) can turn a shot from ordinary to extraordinary when taken at that the right moment.

Keep in mind this is just my view (with really no define set of rules) of street photography, which differs from street snapshots, noncandid street portraits, street architecture and photojournalism on the streets IMO.

Oct 29, 2012 at 05:08 PM
JTS1
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Hong Kong Street Photography

Thanks for the critique and suggestions. That's why I post here - to learn to be a better photographer. I find what you say to be quite inspiring. Thanks. Will try to do better next time.

Oct 29, 2012 at 09:13 PM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Hong Kong Street Photography

Last one is pretty cool...processing is over the top...you didn't need a d800E for these

Oct 30, 2012 at 09:20 AM
Ravitej
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Hong Kong Street Photography

Most interesting post. On one hand the processing is harsh. But on another the harshness adds to the gritty feeling of a big city. Where most people don't look all that healthy. Interesting how homogenized the world has become. Same clothes, same body shapes. Same looks, accessories and gadgets. City could be anywhere. Seems like printed t-shirts look the same everywhere.

Nov 03, 2012 at 02:01 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password