Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 2400 miles, 3 kids, 1 great vacation....

Josh Evilsizor
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 2400 miles, 3 kids, 1 great vacation....

this past week we packed 6 people into our vehicle, my wife & I, our 3 kids and my mother in law and set off to see Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. All in all we traveled 2400+ miles and saw some neat stuff... I didn't shoot as much as I had planned since our weather wasn't all that great, my wife, her mother, and my youngest son all got sick...

first stop was Rutland, VT to visit my wifes aunt. While we were there we stopped at the Vermont Marble museum(1), Mountaintop(2), the New England Maple Syrup Museum (not pictured), rode some horses (not pictured) and hung out for a few days. Next we stopped in New Hampshire on our way through to Maine. We stopped in Laconia, NH and checked out the American Classic Arcade museum, Endicot Rock and Lake Winnipesaukee (all not pictured) and traveled up north to Bingham, ME. while in Maine we hiked back to Moxie Falls (3) with my wife's great Aunt who just turned 93... the woman is amazing.. From Moxie Falls, we headed over to Moxie Pond (4). We ended up in Lewiston, ME for the night to head out to lunch the next day with the rest of my wifes great aunts and uncles. Before lunch though, we made a quick trip down to Lisbon Falls, ME to the Moxie store (5). It's called the Kennebec Fruit Company, which if anyone has read Stephen King's 11-22-63, that's where the book takes place. The man in the picture is Frank (aka Mr. Moxie) who is Frank Jr in the book. Worumbo Mill is where the "worm hole" is in the book. It was pretty cool to see a lot of the places described in the book. Frank was a super nice guy, and was telling us about the history of Moxie, and some history of the town... Also told us Stephen King was due to be in the store any day to talk about using the store for shooting the movie based on the book We mentioned to him that our daughter is named Moxie, and asked if we could take her picture with him. We told him about hiking Moxie Falls, and Moxie Pond and he told us there was a Moxie Cove (6) so after lunch we headed out that way on our way out of Maine. We also stopped at The Giant Stairs on Baileys Island (8) by this time it was getting REALLY foggy and dark. Next day we headed south out of Maine and stopped along the coast (9) and then at the USS Albacore(10) in Portsmouth before heading home to Ohio.

*also, you'll notice a red Clifford toy in a lot of the pictures... In Kingston's Kindergarten class every weekend a student takes Clifford home, then has their parents write in a journal saying what they did with Clifford over the weekend. She asked us if we'd take Clifford with us on our vacation. So we took pictures of Clifford everywhere we went and I put together a slide show for Kingston's class for fun.. He said all the kids got a kick out of it :coold:

-----------------

Just sharing... but feel free to C&C if you want.

Oct 26, 2012 at 07:34 AM
Josh Evilsizor
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 2400 miles, 3 kids, 1 great vacation....

btw... #3 the middle shot on the right is probably one of my favorite shots I've ever taken of my kids... it's not technically perfect, but it fits my son perfectly...

Oct 26, 2012 at 07:36 AM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 2400 miles, 3 kids, 1 great vacation....

Howdy,

I see your post has had 200+ views and no comments yet.

So, I will post a few comments. Perhaps that will help get the comments ball rolling for you.

My comments or suggestions below are not a criticism of you, your model, your talent or skill. I offer them in a friendly tone of voice and with the sole intent to help you with a second POV and set of eyes. If you read sincere questions and simple suggestions as "criticism" of you, then you will miss how I am trying to help you. All smilies I post are genuine and sincere.

Of course this may be your own "style" or your own "vision" and I suppose we can assume that the images look just like they do because that is exactly how you like them. That is OK too. It just shows that there are differences of "opinion" on what looks good. IF these are exactly what you want and like, then by all means continue making your images look like that and have fun doing it. As I always say: "Follow your own muse."

It is a nice post, with many photos, good intro backstory, and a map. I appreciated seeing those things.

I knew about Moxie (drink) but did not know it was used as a name for other places/features like the falls.

Since the set of photos is about a family and family trip...I have a suggestion:

My Simple Suggestion: Take pictures with the father in the pictures too....as this set shows no father/dad as part of the trip/group.

I hope these comments help you.

Oct 26, 2012 at 08:02 PM

Josh Evilsizor
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 2400 miles, 3 kids, 1 great vacation....

I knew you'd post that Steadman... I actually have a few that I'm in, but I chose not to post them.

Oct 27, 2012 at 02:08 AM
neighbourboy
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 2400 miles, 3 kids, 1 great vacation....

Josh - love this set. Looking at these just gives me a fun feeling, imagining the trip and the fun you guys must have had. That grey, hazy air reminds me a lot of the Pacific NW, which makes me feel right at home. The Clifford dog appearances are choice, the slideshow idea is great. I'm taking a stab that these are film. If not, I dig the processing.

--David

Oct 27, 2012 at 02:42 AM
Josh Evilsizor
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 2400 miles, 3 kids, 1 great vacation....

neighbourboy wrote:
Josh - love this set. Looking at these just gives me a fun feeling, imagining the trip and the fun you guys must have had. That grey, hazy air reminds me a lot of the Pacific NW, which makes me feel right at home. The Clifford dog appearances are choice, the slideshow idea is great. I'm taking a stab that these are film. If not, I dig the processing.

--David

100% 5d

I did bring the RB67, but never took it out of the car...

Oct 27, 2012 at 03:19 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password