Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Anyone using Capture One 7 with 5D Mark III? Big problem ...

atodzia

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anyone using Capture One 7 with 5D Mark III? Big problem here.

When I process a raw file from a Canon 5D Mark III and I am looking at the file icon in windows file explorer I first see an icon placeholder with the file name, then I briefly see the picture that was processed, then it turns black. When I click on the TIF file to look at it in Photoshop CS6 it is still black. Did not have this problem with version 6. I am using Windows 7, 64 bit.

Andy

Oct 25, 2012 at 08:42 PM
shaunmlavery
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anyone using Capture One 7 with 5D Mark III? Big problem here.

I had issues with some betas of 7 but I had those same issues with the latest version of Capture One 6. I downgraded to 6.4.2 and mine were solved. It turned out being Canon's SDK not being updated for me. It was a huge pain until I found out what the issue was. I was shooting some things, I had to shoot tethered and couldn't.

Try 6.4.2 and see if that works for you. I was wondering if C17 was ready to go. It worked great and then I updated to 10.8.2 and it was like I introduced some demon in my computer. Same thing happened on my iMac that was running 10.7.3. All was fine until I updated to 10.7.4. Another demon released on the iMac once the OS was upgraded.

Good luck hunting down your problems! I don't know much about windows so I don't know if my issues exactly translate. Best of luck!

Oct 25, 2012 at 09:01 PM
atodzia

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anyone using Capture One 7 with 5D Mark III? Big problem here.

The latest version of 6 works fine.

Oct 25, 2012 at 09:08 PM
atodzia

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anyone using Capture One 7 with 5D Mark III? Big problem here.

I heard back from C1 support. They told me to turn off OpenCL for processing in C1 preferences. That fixed the problem.

Oct 25, 2012 at 09:42 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password