Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · Preveal...

joelconner
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Preveal...

Is anyone here using the Preveal ipad app? Wondering your thoughts on it and if it has been worth it.

Oct 25, 2012 at 06:03 PM
mserrano
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Preveal...

Used a couple of time... worked well.
It was nice for the clients to see how things were going to look (size/picture combinations etc).

My only complaint is that I wish I could build my own templates.

Oct 25, 2012 at 06:10 PM
Bartlett Pair
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Preveal...

Looks like a great selling tool that will impress clients.
FYI Candice brought this up previously
-Lincoln

Oct 25, 2012 at 06:58 PM
ckhagen
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Preveal...

It's... amazing. A godsend. There's a few tweaks of course that I'd love to see made and I'm pretty positive they're coming down the pipeline. I've sold SO much using preveal since buying it... it's literally priceless to me at this point.

Oct 25, 2012 at 07:01 PM
ckhagen
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Preveal...

Oh and I posted on the Preveal facebook about my workflow with it using PhotoSmith and Preveal together to make the sale. My first three sales with the system in place have totaled over $4000.

Oct 25, 2012 at 07:03 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Preveal...

ckhagen wrote:
Oh and I posted on the Preveal facebook about my workflow with it using PhotoSmith and Preveal together to make the sale. My first three sales with the system in place have totaled over $4000.

yowza. well, fyi...it's on sale for $50 for anyone interested.

Oct 25, 2012 at 07:04 PM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Preveal...

fyi - Preveal 2.0 is available for $49 until 8:00PM tonight, 1/24/13.

Jan 24, 2013 at 09:09 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Preveal...

Looks handy. I bought it.

What's with the inability to create your own templates, sorta silly, no? Or to put one print on the wall, and then add another, and another?

Jan 24, 2013 at 09:51 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Preveal...

TTLKurtis wrote:
What's with the inability to create your own templates, sorta silly, no? Or to put one print on the wall, and then add another, and another?

That is my (and most peoples') main gripe with it...

Jan 24, 2013 at 09:52 PM
Joshua Gull
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Preveal...

I think all that will come down the pipeline at some point. Even still I've found it to be very effective and I only just started using it. I have a friend who made a single $9,000 sale with it (yes, nine thousand dollar sale).

Jan 25, 2013 at 06:10 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Bartlett Pair
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Preveal...

I don't have an iPad. I do have iPhone 5 / MacBook Pro. It appears I cannot use Preveal (or competitor Shoot and Sell). Is that correct?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a similar efficiency tool that I would be able to use? Thanks!

May 20, 2013 at 06:39 PM
NYstyles
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Preveal...

Bartlett Pair wrote:
I don't have an iPad. I do have iPhone 5 / MacBook Pro. It appears I cannot use Preveal (or competitor Shoot and Sell). Is that correct?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a similar efficiency tool that I would be able to use? Thanks!

Yes there is. Its for PS. Some photographer sells templates you can mix and match and you can also use their own wall.

May 20, 2013 at 06:47 PM
ckhagen
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Preveal...

Update: still using it almost daily now that I'm in season here... Haven't had a single sale under $1400 since I started. Previously, my online gallery sales averaged about $300-500 per session and I rarely ever sold canvas or anything larger than 16x20. Now, I don't have a single client walk out without a 20x30 or larger. It really doesn't even matter if you can create your own templates or not... I always manage to find something that works and the clients literally cannot walk away from it once they've seen it.

May 20, 2013 at 06:58 PM
Bartlett Pair
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Preveal...

Thank you! How critical do you think it is to have actual pictures of the client's space vs. stock images of living spaces? We very rarely visit the client's actual home, so if that's truly an essential part of the process then I guess I'd have to ask the client to send a pic or otherwise schedule a time to visit?

May 20, 2013 at 07:05 PM
NYstyles
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Preveal...

Found one.

http://www.arianafalerni.com/design/wall-display-guides/

May 20, 2013 at 07:25 PM
ckhagen
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Preveal...

I'm not finding it critical at all. I'm mostly working with people who are on vacation so its extremely rare that they follow all my instructions and bring a shot of the room without taking it from an angle, too close up, etc... And most of them forget to do it all together. Occasionally I'll get a cell phone pic with a measurement so I have a bit of an idea, but that's it. 85% of the time I'm using a stock room image. I've sold two staircase galleries today alone without an image of the room. (It seems like everyone has an empty staircase wall these days)

May 20, 2013 at 08:18 PM
Chris Fawkes
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Preveal...

They need to make this to work with online galleries too.

May 21, 2013 at 08:36 AM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Preveal...

Bartlett Pair wrote:

One week on the This Week in Photo podcast I heard a guy raving about a system for projectors that displays actual sizes of prints on his wall. He said it really increased sales. I tried to find the name of it but I can't for the life of me.

brad

May 21, 2013 at 12:50 PM
NYstyles
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Preveal...

I would think a picture of their own wall will not matter much. Just seeing their pictures on a wall in a series or the like sell it.

Its just an option with the link I posted.

May 21, 2013 at 01:17 PM
ckhagen
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Preveal...

DigMeTX wrote:
One week on the This Week in Photo podcast I heard a guy raving about a system for projectors that displays actual sizes of prints on his wall. He said it really increased sales. I tried to find the name of it but I can't for the life of me.

brad

That would be ProSelect. It's long been a great tool for in studio sales. I can't install a projector in my place or I would be using that as well.

May 21, 2013 at 01:35 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password