Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Which Flash (Nikon) ???

Parker420

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Which Flash (Nikon) ???

I have the D7000 and want to add a flash...... The Metz 58 AF-2 looks good for the money, or should I stay with a Nikon? Not sure where this hobby is going just yet....Just retired and want to take photos while touring around on my Harley. The Metz is supose to be as good or better than the SB900.....But I have no proof other than a article I read. Let the suggestions fly!

Thanks!

Steve / KY

Oct 25, 2012 at 06:58 AM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Which Flash (Nikon) ???

In order to get the most capabilities, I would go with the Nikon flash as it will interface and allow all cls features as well as full manual. The SB-910/910 are somewhat large units, for portability sake you may want to consider the SB-700.
Douglas

Edited on Oct 29, 2012 at 01:10 PM · View previous versions

Oct 25, 2012 at 07:20 PM
Kell
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Which Flash (Nikon) ???

not sure about aftermarket equipment...I'm stubborn, I think it's an advantage to stick with OEM stuff for the most part...all Nikon lenses and flash for my D700

Oct 25, 2012 at 07:24 PM
photogreen
• •
p.1 #4 · Which Flash (Nikon) ???

i'd really recommend to take a look at Nissin flashes

Oct 26, 2012 at 01:57 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #5 · Which Flash (Nikon) ???

I have a Nissin di866 Mark II and it's a great flash for the money with full Nikon CLS compatibility, commander/slave mode and some extras that don't come on Nikon flashes. It is my go-to flash now.

brad

Oct 27, 2012 at 12:55 AM
photogreen
• •
p.1 #6 · Which Flash (Nikon) ???

DigMeTX wrote:
I have a Nissin di866 Mark II and it's a great flash for the money with full Nikon CLS compatibility, commander/slave mode and some extras that don't come on Nikon flashes. It is my go-to flash now.

brad

have you ever compared overheating?

Oct 27, 2012 at 01:07 AM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #7 · Which Flash (Nikon) ???

No I haven't. But if overheating is a concern then Nissin has released the MG8000 that can supposedly fire off 1000 shots in a row without overheating. Interface and performance is similar to the 866.

brad

Oct 27, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Gregg Heckler
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · Which Flash (Nikon) ???

Pretty hard to beat an SB-910. I've had SB-800's and I have an SB-900 and 910, and the 910 is fantastic.

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:46 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password