Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
4
       5       end
  

Archive 2012 · Canon F1n experience...
  
 
jamato8
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Canon F1n experience...


I have the F-1 and used it quite a bit. I also have the 1v and wish for my work it was worth using. My 1v is still like new. Beautifully made camera.


Nov 16, 2012 at 08:42 AM
anthonygh
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Canon F1n experience...


jamato8 wrote:
I have the F-1 and used it quite a bit. I also have the 1v and wish for my work it was worth using. My 1v is still like new. Beautifully made camera.



Mine is as well (just 26 films through it).....it seems too pristine to use now......and fortunately I have two EOS 3s to fall back on when I want to shoot film.



Nov 16, 2012 at 12:56 PM
RichardLavigne
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Canon F1n experience...


can't believe how many posts this thread has gotten.


Nov 16, 2012 at 03:05 PM
sataraid1
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Canon F1n experience...


RichardLavigne wrote:
You're right.... sort of.

There are 3 versions of the F-1... the original F-1, then a revised version called the F-1n and then the New F-1. The problem is, many people refer to the new F-1 as the F-1n... which makes it confusing as hell. I was confused because I was cross-referencing the camera I was looking for/purchasing with pictures that people had incorrectly labeled.


I do concede that it's a minor nit, and certainly don't want to diminish a thread full of F-1 love. However, when someone asks if they should consider buying an F-1n and how much to pay, I would give them a very different answer if they told me they were considering a New F-1.

Most of that difference of opinion concerns the availability of service and parts, and the fact that it's VERY easy to pay WAY too much for either of the original F-1 models. Even the cleanest among them are likely to have looming shutter problems that may be difficult to fix simply because something as simple as a shutter curtain brake is NLA.

... but they are such a joy to use. To paraphrase a wise man, if you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.



Nov 16, 2012 at 06:14 PM
WilliamG
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Canon F1n experience...


RichardLavigne wrote:
I finally got her... wow this thing is sick, so heavy duty... and the copy I found is mint condition.

http://www.pbase.com/dropcivc/image/147285302/original.jpg



Looks like the LCD screen wasn't installed straight.



Nov 16, 2012 at 06:22 PM
RichardLavigne
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Canon F1n experience...


sataraid1 wrote:
... but they are such a joy to use. To paraphrase a wise man, if you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.


Ahhh... great quote. truly a wise man.



Nov 16, 2012 at 06:46 PM
sataraid1
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · Canon F1n experience...


Oh wow, I just realized that beauty's got a 50 1.2L on it. I had one of those as well. What a great lens. Like it was built with PKM in mind.

Now I'm truly getting misty ... *sniff*



Nov 16, 2012 at 06:58 PM
jamato8
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · Canon F1n experience...


I just plain enjoyed the feel of the F1. And my V1, never got the use it deserved. The electronic board went out in the V1 about a year ago, after sitting for a number of years, and for some reason I got it fixed by Canon. :^) Like new it is, like new it sits with the F1. :^(


Nov 16, 2012 at 07:09 PM
RichardLavigne
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · Canon F1n experience...


sataraid1 wrote:
Oh wow, I just realized that beauty's got a 50 1.2L on it. I had one of those as well. What a great lens. Like it was built with PKM in mind.

Now I'm truly getting misty ... *sniff*


I love the fact that you have 7 posts... and this is one of them.

That 50L is a beauty, right? I also have the FD 85L. I'm trying to find the 24L.. I've found a few but most of the people would rather let them sit and collect dust then sell them and let me put them to use.

jamato8 wrote:
I just plain enjoyed the feel of the F1. And my V1, never got the use it deserved. The electronic board went out in the V1 about a year ago, after sitting for a number of years, and for some reason I got it fixed by Canon. :^) Like new it is, like new it sits with the F1. :^(


don't let them sit.... break them out and use them.



Nov 16, 2012 at 08:38 PM
RichardLavigne
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · Canon F1n experience...


so... has anyone dusted off their old bodies and put them to use? Now is the time, break out a roll of film for the holidays.


Nov 22, 2012 at 02:41 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



RichardLavigne
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · Canon F1n experience...


hey guys.... I'm selling my F-1, A-1, FD 50L, and FD 85L.... check em out.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1203769/0#11474293



Apr 10, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Gunzorro
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · Canon F1n experience...


Richard -- Why the change of heart? You seemed pretty pumped about using film in these cameras. Those are beauties, just curious.


Apr 10, 2013 at 04:25 PM
carlsbadbum
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #13 · p.4 #13 · Canon F1n experience...


See Richard, film is dying as I said back in Nov. The fun factor just don't last compared to digital. Get rid of them before they worth less.


Apr 10, 2013 at 09:34 PM
RichardLavigne
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #14 · p.4 #14 · Canon F1n experience...


Gunzorro wrote:
Richard -- Why the change of heart? You seemed pretty pumped about using film in these cameras. Those are beauties, just curious.


No change of heart... I'll still be using film in my EOS 3. I am primarily shooting film at home and mostly of my 2 year old son and he just doesn't stay in one place long enough to manual focus. I would love to keep these... i really want to, but I recently took my son off-roading on an FJ Cruiser trail adventure and we had a blast. Instead of letting these sit in on my desk, I'd rather someone else use them and I can put the money towards fixing my truck to make off-roading even more enjoyable.



Apr 11, 2013 at 11:46 AM
anthonygh
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #15 · p.4 #15 · Canon F1n experience...


carlsbadbum wrote:
See Richard, film is dying as I said back in Nov. The fun factor just don't last compared to digital. Get rid of them before they worth less.


Purely a personal belief.

I for one love working with film and have just finished scanning a batch of old negs I never bothered to print in the darkroom. Clearly I'm not alone.....I follow the prices of quality film gear on eBay and they are very firm and rising in many instances.

My real concern is that film makers seem keen to price their products out of the market.....film users might now be a niche market but the niche still has to be of some size to be commercially viable. I suspect the market will eventually be mainly B+W for 35mm, and both colour and B+W for MF film. I can see colour going eventually.....



Apr 11, 2013 at 12:46 PM
StillFingerz
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #16 · p.4 #16 · Canon F1n experience...


anthonygh wrote:
Purely a personal belief.

I for one love working with film and have just finished scanning a batch of old negs I never bothered to print in the darkroom. Clearly I'm not alone.....I follow the prices of quality film gear on eBay and they are very firm and rising in many instances.

My real concern is that film makers seem keen to price their products out of the market.....film users might now be a niche market but the niche still has to be of some size to be commercially viable. I suspect the market will eventually be mainly B+W for 35mm, and
...Show more

Sadly I agree, hopefully not to soon tho, color film will just get too expensive to manufacture as demand falls. We will only have B&W at some point, which will feed that old school need, for now I'll enjoy shooting Velvia while it lasts



Apr 11, 2013 at 01:59 PM
RichardLavigne
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #17 · p.4 #17 · Canon F1n experience...


Guys.... feel free to pass on my sale link to fellow film enthusiasts. I'd love to know that this stuff is gonna go to someone that will use it and love it... and I'm willing to work out some package deals.


Apr 11, 2013 at 02:02 PM
StillFingerz
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #18 · p.4 #18 · Canon F1n experience...


RichardLavigne wrote:
Guys.... feel free to pass on my sale link to fellow film enthusiasts. I'd love to know that this stuff is gonna go to someone that will use it and love it... and I'm willing to work out some package deals.


Richard, there are collectors out there, you might check out some of the 'old gear' repair shops that cater to film bodies; customers. One that I've used for my A1 and T90s, does take cameras on consignment, has a pretty big customer base, is listed below. Steve does excellent repair work, was a Canon tech, is a really nice guy and easy to talk to...chat him up, he might have a prospective buyer. GLWS, Jerry

The Camera Clinic
http://www.cameraclinicusa.com/

Toll Free: 1-877-511-4811



Apr 11, 2013 at 02:15 PM
Gunzorro
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #19 · p.4 #19 · Canon F1n experience...


Thanks Richard!

If you find your pieces don't sell here on B&S, try eBay. I've bought a lot of film era lenses there. Those "L" lenses should bring in a good amount -- people like to mount them on the M43 and NEX bodies. You can set a reserve if you are inclined.

Anthony -- There is pretty strong evidence that film is dead. Just try looking for a roll of transparency film at your local grocery or drug store! And professional processing . . . getting to be a sad joke.



Apr 11, 2013 at 02:26 PM
OntheRez
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #20 · p.4 #20 · Canon F1n experience...


Chris Tylko wrote:
Best body I ever held


Chris, don't take this personal, but dude you need to get out more often!!



Apr 11, 2013 at 03:30 PM
1       2       3      
4
       5       end




FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
4
       5       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password