Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Gread Deal on Silver Efex with Free Wacom Tablet

Ken_K
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Gread Deal on Silver Efex with Free Wacom Tablet

I was looking to purchase Nik Silver Efex Pro and stumbled on a deal at Adorama. The Wacom Intuos 3 tablet is $129.95 and comes with Silver Efex. I emailed Nik software and they confirmed that it was elgible for upgrade to Silver Efex 2. Shweet!

Link - http://www.adorama.com/ISWNIK1034BB.html

Oct 21, 2012 at 09:36 PM
Gerry Kerr
• • •
p.1 #2 · Gread Deal on Silver Efex with Free Wacom Tablet

I might be way off the mark here , but I seem to remember the intous 3 being a pretty poor implementation of the tablet - compared to the V2 and V4.

I would reccomend Silver Efex though - fantastic product!

Gerry

Oct 22, 2012 at 01:24 PM
Ken_K
• •
p.1 #3 · Gread Deal on Silver Efex with Free Wacom Tablet

Gerry, I realize that the Intuos 3 isn't much. I merely looked upon it as a vehicle to get a great price on SE2. Other than the academic version (which I don't qualify for), I've never seen it this cheap.

Oct 22, 2012 at 08:42 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

SeverianTL
• •
p.1 #4 · Gread Deal on Silver Efex with Free Wacom Tablet

Gerry Kerr wrote:
I might be way off the mark here , but I seem to remember the intous 3 being a pretty poor implementation of the tablet - compared to the V2 and V4.
Gerry

I'd have to disagree pretty strongly with this comment. I've never heard or encountered this. I've been using my Intuos3 9x12 without issue for the past 7 years.

The OP should be aware that while there's nothing wrong with this tablet, it's a couple of generations behind the times. Still a good deal.

Oct 22, 2012 at 08:44 PM
James_N
• • •
p.1 #5 · Gread Deal on Silver Efex with Free Wacom Tablet

Well, its certainly news to me that the Intuos3 is a "pretty poor implementaion of the tablet." I've owned the 8x10 Intuos2, the 4x6 Intuos3, and the Intuos4 Medium. I ended up selling the 2 and 4 models and kept the Intuos3. It has everything I needed in a tablet and was the perfect size for photo retouching.

Oct 22, 2012 at 10:12 PM
miccullen
• • •
p.1 #6 · Gread Deal on Silver Efex with Free Wacom Tablet

Gerry Kerr wrote:

Correct, you are WAY off the mark.

Oct 23, 2012 at 02:43 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password