Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · One "moving" picture out of multiple photos

twags

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · One "moving" picture out of multiple photos

I'm a minimalist when it comes to post-processing. Today I did a shoot with a gorgeous girl and I have about 20 photos in sequence of her, sitting on a stone walkway, picking a pile of leaves up in her hands, tossing them up in the air, falling around her. How do I put them all together in one photo. Not a slideshow, but just one photo that's "moving"...made up of all the photos in sequence. And most importantly, can I do this in lightroom? I don't have the full version of photoshop on the computer that I'm working on right now.

thanks!

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:39 PM
BenV
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · One "moving" picture out of multiple photos

3 photos, 2 at 25% transparency? Give that a try, see how you like it.

thats my 2 cents

Oct 21, 2012 at 12:08 AM
plubbry
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · One "moving" picture out of multiple photos

I'm going to guess you're referring to an animated gif. I don't believe you can make them in lightroom. I am sure there are plenty of free programs that can create them from a series of images though.

Oct 21, 2012 at 01:34 AM
15Bit
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · One "moving" picture out of multiple photos

Note that an animated GIF has quite restricted colour space, so isn't really suitable for "high quality" images.

Oct 21, 2012 at 08:53 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

twags

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · One "moving" picture out of multiple photos

plubbry wrote:
I'm going to guess you're referring to an animated gif. I don't believe you can make them in lightroom. I am sure there are plenty of free programs that can create them from a series of images though.

YES! I believe that's it! Thanks! I found a seemingly very simple option online. RE: quality...I'm just doing this for fun, hopefully it doesn't look too bad :xfingers:

Oct 21, 2012 at 01:13 PM
mshi
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · One "moving" picture out of multiple photos

here is a free tut

http://phlearn.com/creating-a-cinemagraph-in-photoshop-part-2

Oct 22, 2012 at 04:23 AM
MissMouse
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · One "moving" picture out of multiple photos

twags wrote:
I don't have the full version of photoshop on the computer that I'm working on right now.

thanks!

Work on that Lightroom is not an image editor and does not support layers and any add-on to add any kind of layer support to Lightroom would be crippled compared to Photoshop's layer support. Photoshop can make animated gif and export jpeg frame sequences. The new timeline in CS6 may even be able to render a video. Photoshop extended stack mode blending may be able to blend all the images together so every image of her shows through.

However most likely you will need stack all the images add hide all layer mask to all but the background layer them paint on each layer's layer mask to revile her on that layer so stacking order is very important. When done you can save the single composite image with all 20 of her.

Just remenber one girl is more then you can handle.

Oct 22, 2012 at 12:44 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password