Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Canon 1Dx USB .. is it USB2 or 3 for tethering?

RyanGphoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Canon 1Dx USB .. is it USB2 or 3 for tethering?

I would have loved to use the TRUE ethernet (or gigabit ethernet), but apparently the Canon people didn't think about it too much in depth and the bus of the camera is really hindering the transfer rates.

So I was wondering what is the best way to tether?

I really love Lightroom where I can add a custom boost in lightroom and then have that be added to each and every photo going forward inside lightroom.

So is the USB port on the 1Dx USB 2 or USB 3? Cause the Ethernet is slower than the USB 2 with regards to transfer speeds.

OR how do you tether? The old USB to laptop way?

Thanks
Ryan G

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:10 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Canon 1Dx USB .. is it USB2 or 3 for tethering?

The manual says it's Hi-Speed USB, which is USB 2.

I sometimes tether to my notebook via USB and EOS Utility. It works great, but it's not very mobile.

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:36 AM
jstntym
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Canon 1Dx USB .. is it USB2 or 3 for tethering?

I've tethered via USB2 to my laptop before just to see how well the LV works. As soon as I plugged it into my laptop the Canon utility started and I learned how to focus and actuate the shutter via the program. It worked very well, though I tethered it with my 5D MkIII and not a 1D X. But I'd suppose they would work quite similar.

Oct 20, 2012 at 05:18 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

RyanGphoto
• • •
p.1 #4 · Canon 1Dx USB .. is it USB2 or 3 for tethering?

I have used USB 2.0 on my Mark III and using Lightroom, but it was still pretty slow actually. I like to show my clients the frames as they are coming in (sometimes) when tethering. But I was really hoping that it was TRUE Ethernet (gigabit of course) so the files would be instant to the laptop via Lightroom.

So much for that being another great function.

Disappointed with this part, but overall it's been a great camera (for the 1 1/2 days I have shot with it).

Ryan G

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:16 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Canon 1Dx USB .. is it USB2 or 3 for tethering?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/840181-REG/Canon_5756B001_WFT_E6A_Wireless_Transmitter.html

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:33 PM
RobDickinson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · Canon 1Dx USB .. is it USB2 or 3 for tethering?

How fast is the data off ethernet? How fast is the data off the card vai a fast card reader?

Ethernet I guess has a ton of uses usb doesnt.

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:38 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password