Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Anyone using 1DX over 1DsMKIII for studio?

John P Mulgrew
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Anyone using 1DX over 1DsMKIII for studio?

I have a copy of the 1DX and love it and am seriously thinking about picking up another one. I do some stuff inside with lights and have used the 1DsMKIII over the past few years but wondering if just using another 1DX would work just as well if not better. Just wanting to hear from anyone who has done this, thanks.

Oct 16, 2012 at 02:19 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Anyone using 1DX over 1DsMKIII for studio?

Yes. First thing I did was take photos of the 1DsIII, to help sell it. My second camera is a 1DIV.

Oct 16, 2012 at 03:16 PM
Sheldon N
• • •
p.1 #3 · Anyone using 1DX over 1DsMKIII for studio?

I replaced my 1Ds III with the 1D X for everything. I don't think you're giving up anything significant for studio sshooting with the 1D X. There's a few less MP but the files are great and really quite sharp, seems like maybe a weaker AA filter helps balance out some of the effect of the reduced megapixels. It would take a really large print to see any difference.

Oct 16, 2012 at 05:20 PM
John P Mulgrew
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Anyone using 1DX over 1DsMKIII for studio?

Thanks and I'm thinking I may do that. 1DsMKIII is fine camera and so if the MKIV but I think I rather have 2 1DX's so will sell the other two. I don't make super sized prints so a few MP won't matter for now.

Oct 17, 2012 at 12:10 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password