Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Anyone using F-stop Loka Grey Mist color?

czar2000
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anyone using F-stop Loka Grey Mist color?

I'm looking for F-stop Loka backpack.

To me the Grey mist color looks nice, but it is discontinued now and they won't get it any more.
I talked with F-Stop and was told that Grey Mist color had some stain issue. They told it is too light color to resist dirt & stains.

Can anybody confirm this issue?
Black or Green does not have stain issue?

Which color looks better? Black or Green?

Thanks in advance for your opinion.

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:29 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anyone using F-stop Loka Grey Mist color?

the blk and grn will also get dirty and stain after time. it just won't be as obvious as a very light gray.

black is, well, black. what can one say
the green is a medium green/gray with black trim and external strapping. i use this color. easy to lose in a forest. not so much kidding though. it does ease into the background.

both Loka and Satori

NIKON D700    24.0-120.0 mm f/4.0 lens    24mm    f/8.0    1/160s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:40 PM
czar2000
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anyone using F-stop Loka Grey Mist color?

↑ nice shot

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Todd Warnke
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anyone using F-stop Loka Grey Mist color?

I have a grey mist Loka and a green Tilopa. The Tilopa is about 18 months older than the Loka and shows no signs of dirt, while the Loka is a bit dirty. But I kinda like the look of the Loka - it has the wabi sabi look of a much loved and useful tool.

Peace,

Todd

Oct 16, 2012 at 04:57 AM
dgdg
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Anyone using F-stop Loka Grey Mist color?

I've had the black for 6m. The material seems very nice compared to various backpacks I have used over the years. I would expect the material to hold up like any other high quality hiking backpack.

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

czar2000
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Anyone using F-stop Loka Grey Mist color?

Thanks for the info.
Seems like the Loka needs cleaning regularly.

Oh wait, just curious, machine wash safe?

Oct 16, 2012 at 06:20 PM
dgdg
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Anyone using F-stop Loka Grey Mist color?

I recall seeing care instructions in the question/answer section of their website.
My black one does not need anymore cleaning than anything else. Depends more on what you are doing.

Oct 16, 2012 at 06:26 PM
Mr Joe
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Anyone using F-stop Loka Grey Mist color?

The grey mist color shows dirt much more than the black. I had grey, sold it, and got black.

Oct 16, 2012 at 06:54 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Anyone using F-stop Loka Grey Mist color?

czar2000 wrote:
Thanks for the info.
Seems like the Loka needs cleaning regularly.

Oh wait, just curious, machine wash safe?

do not machine wash. do not use detergents. this will rip up existing coating on the fabric

wipe it off with mild soap and water and come to the resolution that it will never look new again after you give it some good use. mine does not need cleaning regularly other then dust, mud and dirt accumulated that can be easily removed.

i mean after all tis is a pack. keep it in the dust bag it comes in and in your closet and it stays immaculate. take it out an use it it will slowly and permanenty degrade over time. but over that time it will work on your behalf protecting your gear and hanging nicely on your back. it wil show some usage. it wil show some usage.

right now i just got out to Cal and am doing the Bodie, Mono Lake, Yosemite, Whitney runaround for a week. crammed my loka with the medium icu option (own a large icu too not needed this trip) D7000/17-70/70-200/1.7x and some minor filters in addition to 15" laptop and car gps and maxxed it out with other crud. threw it in the planes overhead w/o issue and tomorrow he fun begins.

Oct 17, 2012 at 11:51 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password