Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       end

Archive 2012 · Windows 8 for wedding photographers

amonline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · Windows 8 for wedding photographers

That's generally true, but browser issues have to get remedied soon. I'm tired of swapping back n' forth to the desktop because a site doesn't work. Not only IE or Chrome. Most of them. Also, for the love of God, can they not control the bars and focus?!? Why do I have to constantly click somewhere to type?!?

Nov 19, 2012 at 09:28 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · Windows 8 for wedding photographers

Just ran across:

"Initial sales of the Windows 8 operating system are said to be "well below" Microsoft's internal projections."

Nov 20, 2012 at 01:08 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · Windows 8 for wedding photographers

I'd uninstall it if it didn't make LR and PS so damn fast.

Nov 20, 2012 at 02:04 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · Windows 8 for wedding photographers

Ran across today:

Microsoft's decision to put two user interfaces inside Windows 8 was a strategic mistake that fails novice and experienced computer users alike on both tablets and traditional PCs, a usability expert said Monday.

"That was the true strategic mistake, that they could do 'one Windows' on both tablets and PCs," said Jakob Nielsen, a usability expert with nearly 80 U.S. patents to his name. Nielsen, half of the consulting firm Nielsen Norman Group, was formerly a top-level engineer with Sun Microsystems, and has a Ph.D. in human-computer interaction.

"Windows 8 has low usability, amazingly low usability," Nielsen said in an interview Monday, ticking off a host of problems with the UIs of both the "Windows 8 Store" interface -- formerly "Modern," before that "Metro" -- and the "Classic" desktop that's a revamp of Windows 7. He reasserted that Windows 8 is a UI mess, one that confuses and confounds users, even those familiar with Windows.

Nielsen said he was sticking with Windows 7. "I'll stay with Windows 7 the next few years and hope for better times with Windows 9," he said.

Nov 20, 2012 at 07:37 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · Windows 8 for wedding photographers

I can agree with all those, actually.

Nov 20, 2012 at 07:56 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end