Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Do any of you just use your clean and check to use them?

RobertLynn
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Do any of you just use your clean and check to use them?

I have 2 clean and check tickets left, and I'm considering sending two pieces of completely functional gear into them just to burn them up...however, if it ain't broken, don't fix it seems to apply here.

I'm just wondering if anyone else sends stuff in with their C/C just to use them up before they expire?

Sending the items in won't put me out, I've got other cameras and lenses to use, and more than enough gear to back up my stuff even if I send them out.

Oct 14, 2012 at 10:01 PM
RogerC11
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Do any of you just use your clean and check to use them?

I've heard of some people sending in fully functional equipment only to have it sent back all out of wack. Your call I guess. Personally, I wouldn't do it, especially if there's nothing wrong with the equipment just for the sake of using the service.

Oct 14, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Ben Horne
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Do any of you just use your clean and check to use them?

I think the whole clean and check thing is something they do to appease those who are anal about their photo gear. Other than the sensor --- which you can easily clean yourself -- I'm not sure what they are doing to either clean or check the camera.

Oct 14, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Tom Dix
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Do any of you just use your clean and check to use them?

yeah; I do.

Oct 14, 2012 at 11:02 PM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Do any of you just use your clean and check to use them?

I send my camera's in every year but have never sent an item just because I could... If you really do not need them give them to a friend or colleague...

Oct 14, 2012 at 11:10 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Do any of you just use your clean and check to use them?

I didn't say I don't need them. I can still function my business without them is what I'm saying.

Oct 15, 2012 at 01:30 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

arnold1
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Do any of you just use your clean and check to use them?

I sent my perfectly fine camera to CPS and it came back two days later as if the box was dropped from the top of a building. I don't blame CPS for it but that is a risk one has to take. So with that experience I'll let my clean and check certificates expire and NOT send them in unless my gear really needed to be cleaned and/or had issues.

Edited on Oct 15, 2012 at 03:33 AM · View previous versions

Oct 15, 2012 at 01:47 AM
PhotoTeacher
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Do any of you just use your clean and check to use them?

If I insure the camera, my "free" clean and check will cost me about $35.00 for FedEx shipping, and there is the risk of damage in shipping, so I have not used the coupons.

Oct 15, 2012 at 03:28 AM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Do any of you just use your clean and check to use them?

PhotoTeacher wrote:
If I insure the camera, my "free" clean and check will cost me about $35.00 for FedEx shipping, and there is the risk of damage in shipping, so I have not used the coupons.

I wish it only cost $35 to insure my package, but I'm betting the rate would be a lot more.

My business insurance covers it though

Oct 15, 2012 at 12:50 PM
timgangloff
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Do any of you just use your clean and check to use them?

I send mine off during non-peak sports seasons when I can afford to be without a body and / or lens.

Oct 15, 2012 at 01:36 PM
John P Mulgrew
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Do any of you just use your clean and check to use them?

Why would you want to pay to ship if nothing's wrong? I do have my 1DsMKIII in now being checked over and
using the last of my clean coupons. I'm going to sell it so I want to make sure it's clean and I did the same thing with my MKIV that I plan on putting on B&S this week.

Oct 15, 2012 at 02:35 PM
rprouty
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Do any of you just use your clean and check to use them?

According to my insurance company, The Hartford, I don't need to insure the equipment when I mail it to Canon it's covered by my policy if something happens.

Oct 15, 2012 at 02:48 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password