Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Radio triggers compatible with nikon?

borismilan
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Radio triggers compatible with nikon?

Hello
I'm kind of new here, great forum
I just recently made the jump from Canon to Nikon, got a. D600 , big jump coming from a canon 60D
I use Yongnup rf 602 triggers for my off camera flash , I got these on ebay "for Canon" but I'm wondering if these would work on my new nikon ? I'm afraid to try these on my camera and break something
Or should I buy new triggers altogether ? Maybe just the transmitter for nikon brand?
I use yongnuo 560 manual flash but ill soon be ordering a nikon sb700
Can you help?

Oct 11, 2012 at 01:47 PM
ukphotographer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Radio triggers compatible with nikon?

I think the RF 602's are 'just' straight forward radio triggers and they send only a sync signal. You should be fine using these on any camera hotshoe.

Oct 11, 2012 at 03:56 PM
borismilan
• •
p.1 #3 · Radio triggers compatible with nikon?

Yes these are just plain dumb radio triggers
My concern is that the box said "For Canon" when I got them
I am kind of reluctant to just pop the transmitter on my new camera and screw something because i didn't ask before

Oct 11, 2012 at 05:02 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Waki
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Radio triggers compatible with nikon?

The only difference tween a Canon flash and hot shoe and a Nikon flash is the pin placement. I just looked, since I have a 430ex here and several Nikon flashes. The only pin that matters is the center one.
Nikon does use a pin to lock into A tiny hole on the shoe so that may be the difference in marking the box. It will still work though. Fire away.

Oct 12, 2012 at 08:27 PM
ADCOLE
• •
p.1 #5 · Radio triggers compatible with nikon?

borismilan wrote:
Hello
I'm kind of new here, great forum
I just recently made the jump from Canon to Nikon, got a. D600 , big jump coming from a canon 60D
I use Yongnup rf 602 triggers for my off camera flash , I got these on ebay "for Canon" but I'm wondering if these would work on my new nikon ? I'm afraid to try these on my camera and break something
Or should I buy new triggers altogether ? Maybe just the transmitter for nikon brand?
I use yongnuo 560 manual flash but ill soon be ordering a nikon sb700
Can you help?

The RF-602C will not work for the Nikon. You would need to pick up the RF-603N for Nikon.

Oct 13, 2012 at 01:36 AM
borismilan
• •
p.1 #6 · Radio triggers compatible with nikon?

Thank you. I'll follow your advice

Oct 13, 2012 at 12:41 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password