Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Archive 2004 · Predators...
  
 
Lavender
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Predators...


I took these when we went on vacation in FL. All taken with Niko's camera, 10D + 300mm, as you know that he's hogging my camera most of the time...

Light-morph immature Swainson's Hawk? (not sure)
http://www.pbase.com/image/31797265.jpg

Un-ID Hawk
http://www.pbase.com/image/31797266.jpg

Unable-to-fly Hawk
http://www.pbase.com/image/31797267.jpg

Thanks for viewing guys, I would really appreciate your comments/critics.
Enjoy!



Jul 26, 2004 at 04:04 AM
Jerry Y
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Predators...


We would be in some serious trouble if the Unable-to-fly Hawk did manage to get off the ground . Great shots Fionna!


Jul 26, 2004 at 05:06 AM
silvertipimage
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Predators...


Really nice image, the first one, good use of f stop to soften background. I like the Gator also . Did you have a nice trip?


Jul 26, 2004 at 06:02 AM
nutek
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Predators...


Hi Fionna,

I like the 1st shot - the hawk is very stately looking. Nice!

Best regards,
Wenyao



Jul 26, 2004 at 12:41 PM
pcho
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Predators...


Great shots Fiona. I like no 1 too. Are these hawks hard to capture?
I like the ripple effect on the water in the gator picture too.

Perry



Jul 26, 2004 at 01:36 PM
Lavender
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Predators...


Jerry Y wrote:
We would be in some serious trouble if the Unable-to-fly Hawk did manage to get off the ground . Great shots Fionna!


Yes, that's what i was aware off. I was ready to run when I saw him get off the ground
Thank you, Jerry,



Jul 26, 2004 at 06:07 PM
Larry55
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Predators...


Hi Fionna!

I love the first and third images. That Swainson's was in a nice pose.

The alligator image, with the nice effects in the water, shows beautifully as an environmental image of the gator habitat. Well taken, and nice compo!

Larry



Jul 26, 2004 at 06:27 PM
Braingiant
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Predators...


Fionna
I love the first capture, very beautiful and a wonderful pose. Typically, I like extremely blurry, blown out backgrounds, but I love the DOF in this shot as it really places him in his environment. Awesome work as always



Jul 26, 2004 at 06:43 PM
Lavender
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Predators...


silvertipimage wrote:
Really nice image, the first one, good use of f stop to soften background. I like the Gator also . Did you have a nice trip?


Thanks for your compliment. I am glad you like these.
We certainly had a nice trip, wish we had had more time. Florida just awesome.



Jul 27, 2004 at 12:07 AM
GSteele
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Predators...


Nice series Fionna, but the first one is a fine capture!

Gary



Jul 27, 2004 at 02:14 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 

        


smaug
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Predators...


Nice shots, Lavender.

The first one is unlikely to be a Swainson's Hawk if the shot was taken in Florida. They are mainly found in the western half of the U.S. and the coloring doesn't look quite right. It might be a Broad-winged Hawk, but I've never seen one up close so don't take that as gospel.
The second one looks a lot like a Red-shouldered or a Red-tailed Hawk. I'm not certain on that one either but it looks more like a Red-shoulder than any other hawk I'm familiar with. Do you happen to have a shot of it from behind or with it's wings spread?
The third one, well if you insist on calling it a "hawk" I would guess is related to the Eastern Pond Hawk, being one of the few "hawks" that like water... but those are usually blue and much, MUCH smaller.

Once again, nice shots. ...and thanks for sharing them.

-Steve


Edited by smaug on Jul 26, 2004 at 08:40 PM GMT



Jul 27, 2004 at 02:38 AM
GSteele
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Predators...


smaug wrote:
Nice shots, Lavender.

The third one, well if you insist on calling it a "hawk" I would guess is related to the Eastern Pond Hawk, being one of the few "hawks" that like water... but those are usually blue and much, MUCH smaller.

Once again, nice shots. ...and thanks for sharing them.

-Steve





Jul 27, 2004 at 02:40 AM
Lavender
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Predators...


nutek wrote:
Hi Fionna,

I like the 1st shot - the hawk is very stately looking. Nice!

Best regards,
Wenyao


Thanks for your compliment, Wenyao. Glad you like it.



Jul 27, 2004 at 01:51 PM
Lavender
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Predators...


pcho wrote:
Great shots Fiona. I like no 1 too. Are these hawks hard to capture?
I like the ripple effect on the water in the gator picture too.

Perry


This particular hawk that I took was very cooperative but others, were not. He let me take of his pic and get close before he flew.
I like the ripple effect too
Thanks a lot, Perry.



Jul 27, 2004 at 01:57 PM
Lavender
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Predators...


Larry55 wrote:
Hi Fionna!

I love the first and third images. That Swainson's was in a nice pose.

The alligator image, with the nice effects in the water, shows beautifully as an environmental image of the gator habitat. Well taken, and nice compo!

Larry


Thank you very much for taking time to view and comment, Larry.
I am pleased that you like these



Jul 27, 2004 at 08:45 PM
Nori
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Predators...


The first one would be my favorite Fionna, well captured


Jul 27, 2004 at 11:36 PM
Lavender
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Predators...


Braingiant wrote:
Fionna
I love the first capture, very beautiful and a wonderful pose. Typically, I like extremely blurry, blown out backgrounds, but I love the DOF in this shot as it really places him in his environment. Awesome work as always


Thanks for stopping by. You are so kind, Charles.
I appreciate your positive feedback.



Jul 28, 2004 at 07:43 AM
Lavender
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Predators...


GSteele wrote:
Nice series Fionna, but the first one is a fine capture!

Gary


Thank you very much, Gary.
I greatly appreciate it



Jul 28, 2004 at 07:45 AM
Lavender
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Predators...


smaug wrote:
Nice shots, Lavender.

The first one is unlikely to be a Swainson's Hawk if the shot was taken in Florida. They are mainly found in the western half of the U.S. and the coloring doesn't look quite right. It might be a Broad-winged Hawk, but I've never seen one up close so don't take that as gospel.
The second one looks a lot like a Red-shouldered or a Red-tailed Hawk. I'm not certain on that one either but it looks more like a Red-shoulder than any other hawk I'm familiar with. Do you happen to have
...Show more


Thank you very much for the ID, Steve.
Now when I look at it again #2, it might has been red shoulder hawk. In term of the location, I agree with you #2 picture, the swainson hawk found in the western half of US. However, according to my bird's book, it looks similar to light morph swansion, so I assume that
Once again, thanks for your compliment. I really appreciate it.




Jul 29, 2004 at 08:35 PM
Lavender
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Predators...


Nori wrote:
The first one would be my favorite Fionna, well captured


Thanks a lot, Nori.
The first one is my favorite too



Jul 29, 2004 at 08:35 PM
1
       2       end






FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password