Kittyk
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Interaction between couple during shoot

louloulou wrote:
lol

i am not joking

http://coms.fotografstuttgart.com/preview.php?g=Photoshoot&s=0aeaf&i=e6d78

have photo like that from almost all weddings (random people + couple)

Oct 11, 2012 at 04:57 AM
MalachiConstant
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Interaction between couple during shoot

Haha

Oct 11, 2012 at 07:48 AM
cordellwillis
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Interaction between couple during shoot

Robin Usagani wrote:
I usually kiss the woman. Show him how it is done.

Depends on your view, but you do know many states allow gay marriages. What then? Do you still kiss "the woman"....I'm not judging, just asking

Oct 11, 2012 at 02:49 PM
Kittyk
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Interaction between couple during shoot

cordellwillis wrote:
Depends on your view, but you do know many states allow gay marriages. What then? Do you still kiss "the woman"....I'm not judging, just asking

well as a man he should know how men likes it therefor do it even better in that case, right?

Oct 12, 2012 at 06:16 PM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Interaction between couple during shoot

Kittyk wrote:
well as a man he should know how men likes it therefor do it even better in that case, right?

Then make sure you have a hot second shooter .

Oct 12, 2012 at 06:58 PM
Kittyk
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Interaction between couple during shoot

Robin Usagani wrote:
Then make sure you have a hot second shooter .

naah, i can heat up boys and girls

Oct 13, 2012 at 12:00 PM
BriMcD
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Interaction between couple during shoot

Shoot in your underwear and spread the awkwardness around.

Oct 21, 2012 at 06:33 PM
RJKphoto
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Interaction between couple during shoot

Humor. Get them laughing. Engage, get them to talk about themselves, and really listen. Be genuine. Smile with them.

Oct 21, 2012 at 07:30 PM
youna

p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Interaction between couple during shoot

let the couple interact alone.

Oct 22, 2012 at 01:22 AM
Marcus Watts
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Interaction between couple during shoot

Ask them to look at each other and pretend they have just found out their partner has three days to live.

Ok kidding but i have heard of photographers do that.

I like Robin's approach the best. Just wondering if he does it for every shot.

Oct 22, 2012 at 08:34 AM
Kittyk
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Interaction between couple during shoot

Marcus Watts wrote:
Ask them to look at each other and pretend they have just found out their partner has three days to live.

wow i have heard and did many weird stuff, i even told my self the "dead puppy joke" few times but that is hardcore.

Marcus Watts wrote:
I like Robin's approach the best. Just wondering if he does it for every shot.

he is in the US, so probably never, he would get sued his pants off

Oct 22, 2012 at 08:49 AM
Marcus Watts
• • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Interaction between couple during shoot

Kittyk wrote:
he is in the US, so probably never, he would get sued his pants off

Pants off is second base. Not sure you could get away with that on a photo shoot. Even in America.

Oct 22, 2012 at 09:00 AM
Kittyk
• • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Interaction between couple during shoot

i would say that everywhere else you could get away with that, but NOT in America. Or well, at least that is how we see USA nowadays.

Oct 22, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Prettym1k3
• • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Interaction between couple during shoot

What Hoffer said. Acknowledge the awkwardness of it. Let them know that even you, when in front of, and not behind, the camera feel awkward.

I tell people to roll their shoulders, shake their arms, and smile. Big breath. A little oxygen does a body good.

I also tell people that usually when I direct/pose someone to do something or I put them into a situation, it's okay if it feels a little awkward. I remind them that what I tell them to do isn't something they'd normally do. I say, "I'm going to tell you to stand tall, chin out and down, I want to to cross this arm like this, point your toes and... You'd never normally do this. But I promise, it'll look great." After I snap the first few pictures, I show them a sample on my screen. I've never had anyone say anything less than "Wow!" or "awwwwww". Then the trust begins.

As for the very first thing I do with my couples, I "stole" a move from Jose Villa. He has the couple stand shoulders square to the camera. Hold hands. Close their eyes. And on 3 he tells them to try to kiss. People always miss. If they miss, they laugh. SUPER good candid moment. Also a great opportunity to laugh WITH them and build that friendship/relationship. Then they know that you're with them, and not analyzing them and being critical. If they happen to land the kiss, I run up, high five them, and tell them that almost no one can do that, and they get all excited.

Oct 22, 2012 at 05:05 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Interaction between couple during shoot

you know you could really have some fun with this depending on how at ease people are... if they are not at ease, you could tell them something so totally unexpected and just watch them to see what they do, they will probably start cracking up. I think this is a great discussion. I like to spend some time with them before the shoot, normally I work on this at our first meeting.... and I also send them a pre-shoot document about what our goals are, what they can do to make the shoot and images turn out better, etc. When they convey concerns to me, we talk about things that can help make it better. On one recent shoot, I even sent them a youtube link to address concerns about posing to offer some tips, I didn't create the video, but it was from another photographer.

Oct 22, 2012 at 05:21 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.