Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Need 2- nd full frame camera Nikon or Canon

PIOK

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Need 2- nd full frame camera Nikon or Canon

This is my 1 post here

Now i am using Nikon D700 + D300s and 14 - 24 , 24 - 70 , 70 - 200 VR 1 and 50 mm 1.4 D + 85 1.4 D. ( Also own2 DX lenses 17 - 55 and 16 - 85 - probably i will sell them )

I am shooting weddings and other partys but also i like a lot landscapes photography

I want to replace my d300 s with a new ful frame camera ...Probably D600. I newer shoot a Canon but i am thinking to try 5dmII. Very importat for me is good focus and good ISO. But i would like to try any canon because i like a lot skin tones from canon cameras...

Does anyone jump from d700 or d 300s to any canon or 5DmII and was very happy with IQ , expecialy skin tones? I want to keep my d700 + all FF lenses... If i go to canon i will buy only with one lens at the moment. Any advice ?

Oct 10, 2012 at 01:45 AM
went
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Need 2- nd full frame camera Nikon or Canon

Welcome I recently moved to the dark side (from Canon to Nikon) with a D600 & a couple of zooms and getting to grips with the focus was a bit of a learning curve but I'm happy with the quality of the FX sensor and especially the 24~120 Nikon Zoom. A recent example under City Street & Architecture "Street Urchin's" is a quick example. I shot weddings, model, architecture & children for 20 years, & this lens would be good for your mentioned photography.

With your current family of lenses perhaps you should hire a D600 body & try it with your existing lenses first.

Regards Went

Oct 10, 2012 at 01:56 AM
galenapass
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Need 2- nd full frame camera Nikon or Canon

I shoot with both systems and sold a D700 for a 5DII. I did this specifically to use alt lenses as well as MF Nikkor lenses on one camera body. The 5DII sensor is very nice; however, it does not handle high ISO nearly as well, especially in the shadows. Nikon/Sony clearly has better sensors these days and I am not sure why you would consider a 5DII over a D600 (except for the price difference)?

IMO, this would be a poor move for you.

My own personal story has been a mixed bag. I have been unable to find a good Canon zoom in the 24-70 range. After several attempts and returned lenses I was not able to get a sharp copy of the 24-70; one failed attempt with a 24-105 and finally a returned 28-70. I have given up. The 5DII has performed well with my Canon long glass and alt lenses, but I am not happy with the 5DII shadow performance or the lack of a good standard zoom (at least for me). I will not pay the absurd 24-70II price.

If you are not looking at Canon long glass, stick with Nikon.

Oct 10, 2012 at 02:17 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

PIOK

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Need 2- nd full frame camera Nikon or Canon

Maybe one day 70 - 200 mm, but probably no longer than that ,,, price different 5DmII vs D600..."not so big"..... If i have to i will save even more and wait to get lets say 5DmIII if i am just sure is a good decison . Only what keep me thinking to change for a canon is very nice skin tones ( for me).
I know Nikon sensors now are very good. But whats most important for me is a photo -i mean colors and skins tones.

Oct 10, 2012 at 03:33 AM
artsupreme
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Need 2- nd full frame camera Nikon or Canon

skin tones look pretty damn good to me:

http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/d600/sample.htm

Oct 10, 2012 at 03:42 AM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Need 2- nd full frame camera Nikon or Canon

PIOK wrote:
Maybe one day 70 - 200 mm, but probably no longer than that ,,, price different 5DmII vs D600..."not so big"..... If i have to i will save even more and wait to get lets say 5DmIII if i am just sure is a good decison . Only what keep me thinking to change for a canon is very nice skin tones ( for me).
I know Nikon sensors now are very good. But whats most important for me is a photo -i mean colors and skins tones.

that's true, when comparing photos of the same subject the colors and skin tones on the Canon are much better

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:07 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password