Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Just bought a new D600 from Amazon, but I'm not sure it's...

Ben Horne
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · Just bought a new D600 from Amazon, but I'm not sure it's new..

mshi wrote:
It's your money so don't let others tell you what not to do. Next time order two instead. Hopefully just need to send back one.

I don't see a smiley, but I hope you're joking about the last part. If not, what you're advocating is completely irresponsible.

Oct 10, 2012 at 04:26 AM
zesto
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · Just bought a new D600 from Amazon, but I'm not sure it's new..

My D800E had zero shutter acutations but did not prompt me to set the time, date. The D700 I bought a few years back had 63 acutations but seemed new and did prompt me to set the time, date.

Realistically speaking, a shutter count of 3 is absolutely nothing. Why anyone would want to go to the trouble of returning a camera because of that - well, I guess we all have different ideas about things.

Oct 10, 2012 at 04:52 AM
TMaG82
• •
p.2 #3 · Just bought a new D600 from Amazon, but I'm not sure it's new..

I've decided that I'm going to most likely keep the camera. I had a chance to play around with it a little bit yesterday and i don't think it's worth the hassle to get another one. I see it like buying a new car from the dealer. Some have 3 miles, others have 15 miles.

BUT Im going to go out this afternoon and check for oil spots though. From various posts it looks like they show up at f/11 or so and higher?

It could be that someone returned it for oil spots, Amazon decided to clean/service it and then sold it to me. Still not right that they would sell it as 'new' but oh well.

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:33 AM
sandycrane
• • •
p.2 #4 · Just bought a new D600 from Amazon, but I'm not sure it's new..

TMaG82 wrote:
Looks like I'm being a little paranoid on this. .

+1

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

sjms
• • • • • •
p.2 #5 · Just bought a new D600 from Amazon, but I'm not sure it's new..

i will tell you that all Li-ion batts will come with a partial charge. you should never full discharge them either. if you do get ready to buy a new one. if used in the camera it is designed for it will never happen too. the meter and system is designed to prevent it. so even if your meter says its flat there is still a charge in it.

Oct 10, 2012 at 01:00 PM
Kerry Pierce
• • • •
p.2 #6 · Just bought a new D600 from Amazon, but I'm not sure it's new..

Kerry Pierce wrote:
How do you know that those weren't just retreads, with all of the problems the d800 has been having? I've purchased 2 new cameras this year and both were as I described, as were all of the new cameras I had previously.

Kerry

Sweetf8 wrote:
I've had 2 D800e, both at 0 shutter count, none had date and time prompt nor sticker on top LCD.

Which cameras you bought that had those Kerry? I don't mean to differ with you, I am just curious and would like to know.

I bought a d7000 in Feb and a d5100 last week. I don't recall seeing a sticker on top of any of them, so I don't know where that came from. Obviously, the d800 has been treated differently, although I can't imagine why. Maybe they don't have enough to do in Sendai and have time to set the language and time zone for the cameras destined to the US.

The question is on the d600s, because there is conflicting info here regarding having to set the time/date and language as I described. Some say yes, others no. Typical Nikon weirdness...

Kerry

Oct 10, 2012 at 01:37 PM
Kerry Pierce
• • • •
p.2 #7 · Just bought a new D600 from Amazon, but I'm not sure it's new..

vchowdhary wrote:
All had 0 actuations until I put one on them?

We can be paranoid and assume that someone is messing with the cameras, and believe me, I am paranoid about such things.

3 separate stores can't all be selling returned items.

I agree, it seems quite unlikely that 3 separate stores would send retreads. I can't imagine why someone would take the time and trouble to set the time/date and language on all of those cameras, but it seems quite obvious that someone has on the d800s.

Kerry

Oct 10, 2012 at 01:45 PM
frdjohns

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #8 · Just bought a new D600 from Amazon, but I'm not sure it's new..

I can't speak for Amazon, but at our local camera store it is fairly common for them to check a DSLR to ensure everything works before it goes out the door with a customer. They turn it on and make a quick check that things are in order. Perhaps this was done with your camera.

I think you are correct to not return it unless something is wrong with it.

Oct 10, 2012 at 04:19 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password