Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

3              5       6       end

Archive 2012 · The End of Facebook Marketing

RDKirk
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · The End of Facebook Marketing

Prettym1k3 wrote:
I'm with the tagging crew. If I don't tag someone in my album/images, I see hardly any traffic. But if I can get the mom, dad, bride, groom, etc. tagged in the images, I see 10x as much traffic.

Also Facebook's value is built on marketing and information. Their huge 1/2 billion user base (or more by now) means that Facebook can't entirely just do what they want. So they can't just keep selling user information or "leaking" it for marketing purposes. But they can charge businesses. And then drive them to Google+ or other modes of marketing. Because the value
...Show more

With a 1/2 billion base, actually they can do whatever they want.

Facebook hasn't tapped fully into it's real value--what they can actually sell is definitely marketing intelligence. They just haven't packaged it--or found a marketing intelligence analytical partner to wholesale to.

Oct 08, 2012 at 06:32 PM
tobicus
• • •
p.2 #2 · The End of Facebook Marketing

Yup, Facebook is floundering under its own weight now. Only a matter of time before it's surpassed by something with less B.S.

Oct 08, 2012 at 06:36 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · The End of Facebook Marketing

dhp_sf wrote:
so if you just post one teaser image it will show up in feeds? does this only affect albums?

I don't know about from a business page. I've been posting from my personal. I share the album/link from the business page. Just the album does not show anymore.

Tony Hoffer wrote:
For those of you tagging, I think that might not work as well as it had previously based upon my tests last week. I uploaded a wedding and tagged the B&G in every photo. After nearly an hour the album had 2 views. Typically I have nearly 3-4k in that time.

This is true.

tobicus wrote:
Yup, Facebook is floundering under its own weight now. Only a matter of time before it's surpassed by something with less B.S.

Yup.

Oct 08, 2012 at 06:39 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · The End of Facebook Marketing

This is just stupid. If FB users did not want to see our content, they would not "like" us. From what I've read, FB seems to think that instead of engaging with our likers as we have done in the past, we will gladly pay for that service.

I won't give them a damned dime.

Oct 08, 2012 at 07:09 PM
jprezant
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · The End of Facebook Marketing

since most of my fans are friends with each other, or friends with clients. Tagging the photos will still show up
on newsfeeds of friends of the tagged people. Did that make sense?

But beyond that... yea, the reach has been cut severely. And just as I started to use my fb page again. Damn!

Oct 08, 2012 at 07:15 PM
lukeb
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · The End of Facebook Marketing

TRReichman wrote:
Goes to show you that you can't rely on some other platform to do the marketing for you. Audience building ought to be done on a platform that you own completely.

- trr

+1

Oct 08, 2012 at 07:17 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.2 #7 · The End of Facebook Marketing

thanks for sharing all of these updates and insights, I have only been posting teaser images, but still seeing traffic on those

Oct 08, 2012 at 07:23 PM
Sergio Mottola
• • • •
p.2 #8 · The End of Facebook Marketing

having great success with sponsored posts

Oct 08, 2012 at 07:28 PM
TRReichman
• • • •
p.2 #9 · The End of Facebook Marketing

Sergio Mottola wrote:
having great success with sponsored posts

How much $$ for how much reach?

- trr

Oct 08, 2012 at 07:32 PM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.2 #10 · The End of Facebook Marketing

Tony Hoffer wrote:
For those of you tagging, I think that might not work as well as it had previously based upon my tests last week. I uploaded a wedding and tagged the B&G in every photo. After nearly an hour the album had 2 views. Typically I have nearly 3-4k in that time.

Seriously? Did you tag the post or the photo? Did you click on a face and tag or just put with so and so at the bottom? If you tag someone's face, it should show up on most of their friend's wall.. but only friends of theirs who interact with them a lot.

Oct 08, 2012 at 07:50 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

TomHarmon
• • •
p.2 #11 · The End of Facebook Marketing

TRReichman wrote:
How much $$ for how much reach?

- trr

It only let's me go $5 or $10. Seems to being working pretty good, but I find that the sponsored post shows up in my feed at random times, like 3am sometimes.

Oct 08, 2012 at 08:01 PM
mikethevilla
• • • •
p.2 #12 · The End of Facebook Marketing

Something to note:

If you tag a client, a photo will have a much smaller reach than if the client tags themselves. Not quite sure on the statistics/details of it, but I know it's a significant difference.

Now if someone can just come up with a tactful way to ask the clients to tag ALL the photos...

Oct 08, 2012 at 08:01 PM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.2 #13 · The End of Facebook Marketing

mikethevilla wrote:
Something to note:

If you tag a client, a photo will have a much smaller reach than if the client tags themselves. Not quite sure on the statistics/details of it, but I know it's a significant difference.

Now if someone can just come up with a tactful way to ask the clients to tag ALL the photos...

Where did you get this info?

Oct 08, 2012 at 08:07 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.2 #14 · The End of Facebook Marketing

Tony Hoffer wrote:
it appears the days of free Facebook marketing are behind us ...
Does this change affect your business?

"Facebook marketing"? What's that.

Oct 08, 2012 at 08:14 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.2 #15 · The End of Facebook Marketing

D. Diggler wrote:
"Facebook marketing"? What's that.

Oct 08, 2012 at 08:25 PM
widjayaman
• • •
p.2 #16 · The End of Facebook Marketing

oh snap.

Oct 08, 2012 at 08:43 PM
StephanieTo

p.2 #17 · The End of Facebook Marketing

If you tag someone and you only had 1-2 views, chances are those people have privacy settings where their friends can't see tagged photos of them. Sometimes that's the case.

Oct 08, 2012 at 09:01 PM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.2 #18 · The End of Facebook Marketing

StephanieTo wrote:
If you tag someone and you only had 1-2 views, chances are those people have privacy settings where their friends can't see tagged photos of them. Sometimes that's the case.

Ding ding ding.. winner winner chicken dinner. I bet you this is accurate.

Oct 08, 2012 at 09:06 PM
HLPoulos
• • •
p.2 #19 · The End of Facebook Marketing

With my last wedding, I posted 3 photos. I left the setting on "public," tagged the b, g, and family, and have way more "likes" on them than most of my other stuff (which is set to friends only). I rarely use my business page; I get way more traffic (and referrals) from my personal page.
That said, most of my referrals are word of mouth, and they message me (and then I friend them) through FB.
It's hard for me to complain about free marketing, since word of mouth is my biggest base.

Oct 08, 2012 at 09:13 PM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.2 #20 · The End of Facebook Marketing

HLPoulos wrote:
With my last wedding, I posted 3 photos. I left the setting on "public," tagged the b, g, and family, and have way more "likes" on them than most of my other stuff (which is set to friends only). I rarely use my business page; I get way more traffic (and referrals) from my personal page.
That said, most of my referrals are word of mouth, and they message me (and then I friend them) through FB.
It's hard for me to complain about free marketing, since word of mouth is my biggest base.

Haley, I know what you are saying about personal page. This is what I have been doing... post the photos on the business page, tag clients, TAG YOUR SELF on your signature or something. Win!

Oct 08, 2012 at 09:15 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password