Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Lens adapter Leica to Canon?

Newryqs

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lens adapter Leica to Canon?

I searched for an adapter to link a Schneider Componar-S enlarging lens to a Canon EOS 60-D digital camera, but with no results. The Schneider lens is supposed to have a Leica M12x0.5mm thread. Is there a lens adapter that is available? I don't care if there have to be additional adapters, the extra distance would just give more magnification using a macro bellows.

Oct 07, 2012 at 12:03 AM
Kokusai
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lens adapter Leica to Canon?

Yes. I've got the same setup. I got the adapter from here:

http://members.bitstream.net/tlmartin/copiers.html

You need this part:

1. Leicaflex camera body and lens adapters set. $25.00

2. Next, you need to get Leica R to EOS adapter from eBay, Amazon, etc.

Oct 07, 2012 at 01:04 AM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lens adapter Leica to Canon?

Not sure if this is what you're looking for:

http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/10/frankensteind-eos-5d-mark-ii-takes-leica-m-lenses/

Oct 07, 2012 at 01:21 AM
JohnJ
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lens adapter Leica to Canon?

Newryqs wrote:
I searched for an adapter to link a Schneider Componar-S enlarging lens to a Canon EOS 60-D digital camera, but with no results. The Schneider lens is supposed to have a Leica M12x0.5mm thread. Is there a lens adapter that is available? I don't care if there have to be additional adapters, the extra distance would just give more magnification using a macro bellows.

Which Schneider Componar-S enlarging lens has an M12x0.5 thread? A 'Leica' thread is M39x1 (actually M39x26tpi but that's effectively the same)

If your lens is M25 or M32.5 then you will need to get the appropriate adapter from that size to either M39 or M42, whatever is available, then the appropriate M39/M42 to whatever bellows you are using.

Oct 07, 2012 at 04:02 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Newryqs

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lens adapter Leica to Canon?

Yes, you are right in questioning. The lens is actually a Componon-S 2.8/50mm. Oops. Looks like the adapters recommended will do the trick. Thank you all for your help in my trying to re-invent the wheel. You've saved me a great deal of time.

Best Wishes, Van

Oct 09, 2012 at 07:02 PM
Kokusai
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lens adapter Leica to Canon?

I've got the Componon 5.6/60mm lens with M39 thread. It looks like yours is most likely the same M39 thread. Check to see if your bellows will work with the adapters and if yes, you need this part too:

4. M39 enlarger lens adapter. $60.00

Here are some pics of my setup:

Oct 09, 2012 at 07:55 PM
Newryqs

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Lens adapter Leica to Canon?

Thank you! Have ordered the various attachments and will post some results, in a couple weeks after they are in.

Best Wishes, Van

Oct 15, 2012 at 12:18 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password