Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Kenko teleconverters

blutch
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Kenko teleconverters

I bought a Nikon 300mm f4 AF-ED and have read and been told that they work well with 1.4x Kenko Teleconverters. I see there are several different models of this size of Kenko TC. Can someone advise me on what to look for that will work well with this lens?

Thanks!

B

Oct 06, 2012 at 02:56 AM
Fishinfool
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Kenko teleconverters

I am assuming your 300mm is the screw drive model. I owned the same lens at one time, and used the Kenko 1.4 tc, as the current Nikon tc's will not AF with screw focus lenses - AFS only.

It was very sharp, with nice color and contrast. On a D2xs body, Auto focusing was slightly slowed, especially in low light, but over all it was a solid package. They make two versions, that I know of, of the 1.4 tc. One is about $90.00, the other about twice that price. Sorry, I don't remember the exact models numbers, but mine was the more expensive model. Seemed very well made.

A few years ago I moved up to a 300mm afs vr f2.8. Using my Kenko tc on this lens, it also worked very well. Since I had invested a fair amount of bucks on the new lens, I decided to try a Nikon 1.4tc to maximize its performance. I found the Nikon tc focused a lot quicker, and produced slightly better sharpness as well. Also cost more then twice the price of the Kenko. For your lens, the pro model Kenko is a solid choice. It offers solid performance, and with its ability to AF with both screw drive and afs lenses, it is quite versatile.

Larry

Oct 06, 2012 at 07:34 AM
SRFast
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Kenko teleconverters

The Kenko TCs work will with Nikon zooms. I have a 1.4X Teleplus Pro 300 and use it on both my AF-S and non AF-S Nikkor zooms.

Hope this helps...JL

Oct 06, 2012 at 11:21 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Kenko teleconverters

Yes, that is the one to use with old shaft-drive AF lenses such as the 300/4, 300/2.8, or the various 80-200/2.8s. ::

EBH

Oct 06, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

blutch
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Kenko teleconverters

Thanks!

Oct 06, 2012 at 03:34 PM
signo
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Kenko teleconverters

Maybe someone can help me. I use a D200 with a 80-200 2.8, I know the Nikon teleconverters doesnīt work with my 80-200. I would like to have the 150-500 sigma but right now I canīt afford it. How does it work the Kenko 2.0 teleplus pro 300 with it, does anybody now it, how about the quality?. And how does it work the crop factor here, I have a 120-300 or do I have a 240-600mm. I mainly use it for wildlife.

Thanks

Oct 06, 2012 at 04:04 PM
jefflee
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Kenko teleconverters

Signo - stick with the 1.4, it works and works well.

Oct 06, 2012 at 04:37 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password