Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Nik acquired by Google

Frank_Maiello
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · Nik acquired by Google

Thought I'd share an email dialogue with Nik software regarding plug-in support for Capture NX2. It has long seemed that Nikon is asleep at the wheel in terms of supporting their software customers, and this is just further confirmation:

Dear Frank,

Thank you for contacting Nik Software. We have not incorporated Nik Software current plug-ins into Capture NX2, as we have to have Nikon's permission to develop plug-ins for their software. Please contact Nikon if you wish to have Nik Software incorporated in their software, so that hopefully this will be able to be changed in the future.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this email or call our Customer Service Department toll free at 1-888-284-4085 (+1-619-725-3150 outside of the US). Our office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm PST.

Best Regards,
Navah

7588 Metropolitan Drive | San Diego, CA 92108
Tel - 619.725.3150 | Fax - 619.725.3151
supportus@niksoftware.com | www.niksoftware.com

----------------------
Your question/comment:

To whom it may concern:
Thank you for the regular email updates from Nik Software/Google. Can you please confirm whether your organization will re-introduce plug-in support for Nikon's Capture NX2 image processing application?

The Color Efex Pro 3 plug-ins have proven invaluable to my work, but like many other NX2 users, I have been disappointed that Nik Software ceased to produce any Capture NX2 compatible plug-ins beyond version Color Efex Pro 3, while continuing to demonstrate support Photoshop and Lightroom. Will there be any change to this policy?

Sincerely,
Frank Maiello

Nov 07, 2012 at 02:41 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password