Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Metz 44 AF-1 off-camera trigger?

treebeard
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Metz 44 AF-1 off-camera trigger?

Anyone ever use a hotshoe trigger (K-5) to fire off a Metz 44 AF-1 wirelessly? I just want to be able to use it for fill and bounce it! I checked out Yongnuo but I can't seem to find any Metz compatibility.

Oct 03, 2012 at 09:18 PM
Jman13
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · Metz 44 AF-1 off-camera trigger?

Not a Metz 44, but I use wireless triggers to fire my Metz 50 AF-1 and they work great.

I actually am using super cheapo Cowboy Studio FM radio triggers. You can get a set with transmitter and one receiver for $22 and one with transmitter and two receivers for $28 on Amazon. They work amazingly well. The plastic they use isn't the highest quality, so I don't know how long they'll last, but I haven't had a single misfire with them, and the range is about 30', including going through a few walls.

http://www.amazon.com/CowboyStudio-NPT-04-Channel-Wireless-Receiver/dp/B002W3IXZW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1349299250&sr=8-3&keywords=Cowboy+studio

http://www.amazon.com/CowboyStudio-NPT-04-Speelights-extra-receiver/dp/B005IQRMN4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349299250&sr=8-1&keywords=Cowboy+studio

They are fully manual, so they work with any camera system, since it's just a center pin firing.

Oct 03, 2012 at 09:22 PM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Metz 44 AF-1 off-camera trigger?

Thanks very much! That looks awesome. Just what I was looking for.

I already ordered the $22 kit.

Oct 03, 2012 at 09:33 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jman13
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Metz 44 AF-1 off-camera trigger?

No problem. One thing...if they fail to fire when you first get them, turn off the receiver, pull the battery and reinsert. After that, it should fire without issue for as long as you want. (others have mentioned having to do this too). I had that happen the first time I pulled them out of the package. Since then, not a single misfire in about 500 shots with them.

Oct 03, 2012 at 10:37 PM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Metz 44 AF-1 off-camera trigger?

Thanks, I read something similar in one of the reviews.

Oct 03, 2012 at 10:40 PM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Metz 44 AF-1 off-camera trigger?

Got the triggers and spent about 20 minutes using them attached to my Metz. They work great and using the flash in M mode is not so bad after all.

Oct 05, 2012 at 07:36 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password