Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · GC ... Not A Bird's Eye

RustyBug
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · GC ... Not A Bird's Eye

About as close to "over the edge" as I could get for a pano.

Sep 29, 2012 at 06:01 PM
ben egbert
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · GC ... Not A Bird's Eye

Nice canyon shot. Very good for off golden hour and lack of dramatic sky's. A good grand vista shot.

Sep 29, 2012 at 07:57 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · GC ... Not A Bird's Eye

Thanks Ben.

PP got away from me on this one as I was trying some different things to deal with all the haze of the day. I've got some crunchies (resizing for screen) and a few areas that I'm not pleased with on PP (started from jpg, rather than raw). That being said, I most appreciate the recognition of IQ vs. lighting / time of day ... this should likely be considered a draft for the composition more than ideal PP.

This was a 6 pano stitch that got cropped down a bit.

Sep 29, 2012 at 09:02 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · GC ... Not A Bird's Eye

Another crack at it, this time starting from the raw ... loses quite a bit in compression from 7000x3500 down to FM web size.

Working on this makes it easy to see why AA kept copious notes and would make 10's, 100's or 1,000's of prints to get things where he wanted them. Hard to image, since we have silly things like undo, fade, opacity, layers and save what kind of effort and discipline went in to all that he did to get a single print the way he wanted it. I'm amazed / appalled by how much my versions can vary from one to the next sometimes ... yet I keep swingin'.

Sep 30, 2012 at 01:45 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password