Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Canon 600II

3iron
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Canon 600II

Shame on me for even asking, but I can't seem to find a 600II anywhere to purchase in US or Canada. If you know of one available, would you be kind enough to PM me.
Thanks and best wishes.

Sep 28, 2012 at 04:45 PM
arbitrage
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Canon 600II

They seem to be very scarce. I've had one preordered since February and not seen it yet. Its getting so late in the year that I don't know if I will even purchase it if it does become available until next spring.

Sep 29, 2012 at 12:02 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · Canon 600II

You may wish to try these folks.....every so often they get a copy or two which is not spoken for.

Another FM member got the 600 from them recently, and I bought a copy which was originally meant for Geoff (aka Arbitrage) because they couldn't get hold of him while he was vacationing in Europe.

Sep 29, 2012 at 12:14 AM
3iron
• •
p.1 #4 · Canon 600II

PetKal: Thanks you very much, I will check them out.

Oct 01, 2012 at 03:32 PM
Vancouver47
• •
p.1 #5 · Canon 600II

+1 for Aden Camera. Great people to deal with. Bought my 600 MkII from them.

Oct 02, 2012 at 04:54 AM
Dan Arthur

p.1 #6 · Canon 600II

Just thought I'd mention it's in-stock at B&H now.

(I just got an e-mail from CPW letting me know about it.)

Oct 18, 2012 at 07:07 PM
Thang
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · Canon 600II

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/754508-REG/Canon_5125B002_EF_600mm_f_4L_IS.html

instock at BH right NOW! they must have gotten quite a few 'cuz when I talked/chatted with them last week, there were over 200 on back-order...

Oct 18, 2012 at 07:14 PM
3iron
• •
p.1 #8 · Canon 600II

Thank you folks for the update, received my new baby last week.
Best wishes.

Oct 18, 2012 at 09:37 PM
arbitrage
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · Canon 600II

3iron wrote:
Thank you folks for the update, received my new baby last week.
Best wishes.

Where did you end up finding one? Mine is being delivered tomorrow But I had preordered back in the spring and the store just got one in last week. Maybe stock is finally going to catch up with demand.

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:32 AM
3iron
• •
p.1 #10 · Canon 600II

arbitrage: I was able to locate one in Texas, will be happy to share the name if you want to PM me.
Let me know what you think of it. We have had bad weather or I have been busy doing other things and have had little time to try it out.
What gimble do you plan to use? I'm still in the woods on mine. Will attempting to hand hold for a few weeks until the money catchest up.
Best wishes.

Oct 19, 2012 at 01:07 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · Canon 600II

arbitrage wrote:
Where did you end up finding one? Mine is being delivered tomorrow But I had preordered back in the spring and the store just got one in last week. Maybe stock is finally going to catch up with demand.

Or maybe due to the price, demand is catching up with the stock

Oct 19, 2012 at 01:07 AM
arbitrage
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · Canon 600II

3iron wrote:
arbitrage: I was able to locate one in Texas, will be happy to share the name if you want to PM me.
Let me know what you think of it. We have had bad weather or I have been busy doing other things and have had little time to try it out.
What gimble do you plan to use? I'm still in the woods on mine. Will attempting to hand hold for a few weeks until the money catchest up.
Best wishes.

I'm not sure what gimbal I will get. I am also looking but also waiting a bit as that was one expensive lens! I plan to use it handheld and mounted on my BH-55/RRS 34L for the time being. I did order the RRS replacement foot.

I'm considering the traditional Wimberley, Mongoose 3.6 or one of the Jobu ones. Not sure if I want a swing arm or just a side mount like the Mongoose.

It will be interesting to see how long the lens stays in stock at B&H. That should give an idea if demand is still out there.

Oct 19, 2012 at 01:31 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · Canon 600II

arbitrage wrote:
Where did you end up finding one? Mine is being delivered tomorrow:
D But I had preordered back in the spring and the store just got one in last week. Maybe stock is finally going to catch up with demand.

Praise the Lord ! Which retailer has finally come thru for you, Geoff ?

Oct 19, 2012 at 01:46 AM
arbitrage
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · Canon 600II

PetKal wrote:
Praise the Lord ! Which retailer has finally come thru for you, Geoff ?

My original order at TheCameraStore in Calgary!! Shipped yesterday, its already at the post office in Whitehorse and should be out for delivery tomorrow!! Free shipping and CPS pricing makes me happy I'll be heading to Haines Alaska to try it out on the eagles and bears probably next weekend. After that it will be a long winter waiting to find subjects! I'll probably end up shooting the moon or I wonder what the northern lights look like at 600mm

Oct 19, 2012 at 02:00 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · Canon 600II

Excellent, good luck with it.....when it comes to handholding, just remember that with a bit of practice it gets to be easier week by week.

Oct 19, 2012 at 02:09 AM
3iron
• •
p.1 #16 · Canon 600II

arbitrage; sounds like you are going to give yours a work out right away. I hope the light is good for you in Alaska. Do you live close to Alaska?
I would love to spend a few summers there.
Please share some photos wth us.
Best wishes.

Oct 19, 2012 at 02:54 AM
big country
• • • •
p.1 #17 · Canon 600II

enjoy the lens! i have been tempted over and over to get one, but i am sticking w the 500 now. loving how light it is for travel.

Oct 19, 2012 at 03:16 AM
dehowie
• • •
p.1 #18 · Canon 600II

Out of interest what is the street price most guys are paying for the new 600 in the States.
Jst back from Japan and the best price I found was around 12k...

Oct 20, 2012 at 01:37 AM
arbitrage
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · Canon 600II

I haven't heard of any deals in the US yet. I think most have paid the $12,999 list price. However, some have taken advantage of their wonderful neighbours to the north and have had one shipped from Canada. In Canada the regular price at some stores is around $11,390.

Now if you are lucky enough to call Canada home, then you can pay $100, become a CPS gold member and all those nice stores will sell it to you for $10,710. (You do have to own a few nice bodies and lenses first to get CPS but most purchasing a 600II already have that part covered).

Oct 20, 2012 at 02:02 AM
arbitrage
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · Canon 600II

3iron wrote:
arbitrage; sounds like you are going to give yours a work out right away. I hope the light is good for you in Alaska. Do you live close to Alaska?
I would love to spend a few summers there.
Please share some photos wth us.
Best wishes.

Yeah I'm trying to put it to some good use as after this I won't have much use until spring time when the swans and ducks show up again. I live about 1.5hr drive from Skagway Alaska from which I can take a ferry to Haines in about an hour. Or I can drive around to Haines on a different highway and that takes about 4hrs. So yes, fairly close.

Oct 20, 2012 at 02:08 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password