Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Lighting Mix Question

gregfountain
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lighting Mix Question

I'm working on my studio portrait shots and I have some friends and family coming to pose for some shots. I have a couple of Elinchrom BXRi 500's along with softboxes and a 53" Octabox, but there's some shots I want to do that require three strobes. I was thinking I could rent one from lens rentals.com, but all they have is Alienbee's and Profoto strobes. So my question is this, if I connect the Alienbee or Profoto strobe to my camera via sync cable, will it fire simultaneously with with the elincroms that are fired via skyport transmitter?

Thanks for any advice!

Greg

Sep 26, 2012 at 05:35 PM
jim1154
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lighting Mix Question

Fire the Elinchrom lights with your skyport system... the AB/Profoto strobes have a built in optical trigger and will fire along with your existing lights.

Sep 26, 2012 at 07:15 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lighting Mix Question

jim1154 wrote:
Fire the Elinchrom lights with your skyport system... the AB/Profoto strobes have a built in optical trigger and will fire along with your existing lights.

Oh cool. Sort of like the Elinchrom's white dome on the control panel? That's very help info. Thanks Jim!

greg

Sep 26, 2012 at 07:32 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password