Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · those with D800 left focusing issues get a packing box ready

sjms
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · those with D800 left focusing issues get a packing box ready

http://nikonrumors.com/2012/09/25/update-on-the-nikon-d800-left-focusing-issue.aspx/

Sep 25, 2012 at 02:40 PM
akclimber
• • • •
p.1 #2 · those with D800 left focusing issues get a packing box ready

Good news. Thanks for the heads up. I've been impatiently waiting for a fix to be officially announced. Soon, I hope.

Cheers!

Sep 25, 2012 at 02:52 PM
Smridevan
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · those with D800 left focusing issues get a packing box ready

It's still not official… unfortunately.

Sep 25, 2012 at 03:58 PM
Geoff_K

p.1 #4 · those with D800 left focusing issues get a packing box ready

I am returning mine for softness from far left and right focus points. It is terrible compared to the center point.

This is my 3rd D800E (SN 3005xxx on this one) that is being returned.

First one, from Nikon Store required -20 to get 3 lenses adjusted. That was TOO much for a new camera

Second one arrived (allegidly) new, but had ~9200 clicks on it. NOT keeping a used camera that I paid new price for.

This one, ugly focus from left and right. You can check my Flickr page to see the test shots of the 3 AF points. Live view vs AF

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36026557@N05/sets/72157631614417650/

It will go back this week. Not certain I want to bother trying again however the camera produces stunning images compared to my D90, so I would like a working one.

Sep 25, 2012 at 05:04 PM
mshi
• • • •
p.1 #5 · those with D800 left focusing issues get a packing box ready

Geoff_K wrote:
I am returning mine for softness from far left and right focus points. It is terrible compared to the center point.

This is my 3rd D800E (SN 3005xxx on this one) that is being returned.

First one, from Nikon Store required -20 to get 3 lenses adjusted. That was TOO much for a new camera

Second one arrived (allegidly) new, but had ~9200 clicks on it. NOT keeping a used camera that I paid new price for.

This one, ugly focus from left and right. You can check my Flickr page to see the test shots of the 3 AF points. Live view vs
...Show more

Can you please let us know the place that shipped you the used as new? Thanks.

Sep 25, 2012 at 06:08 PM
nwadventurer7
• •
p.1 #6 · those with D800 left focusing issues get a packing box ready

thought i would update others who had installed the latest firmware. my nikon d800e was adjusted last year by nikon tech support singapore, even tho its a USA camera. they did an excellent job and corrected the issue. i returned to the US, shot for months, then returned to asia, did a firmware update, and guess what...my fears...the update returned the left focus to be off...not as bad as the first bout...but interesting. will be taking it back again. anyone else experience this issue?

May 07, 2013 at 05:52 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · those with D800 left focusing issues get a packing box ready

Found this very interesting...
Nikon does actually not know how many D800 of the early batches have been affected. Despite all oddities, the so-called service-rate of the D800 is unremarkable and only "sligthly increased" (compared to other camera models).
Been happily shootin' with mine since they first came out, my condolences to those with "issues"...there may be hope.

May 07, 2013 at 09:28 AM
ct8282
• • • •
p.1 #8 · those with D800 left focusing issues get a packing box ready

That link is donkeys years old, September 25th 2012.....

May 08, 2013 at 07:02 AM
hans98ko
• • •
p.1 #9 · those with D800 left focusing issues get a packing box ready

nwadventurer7 wrote:
thought i would update others who had installed the latest firmware. my nikon d800e was adjusted last year by nikon tech support singapore, even tho its a USA camera. they did an excellent job and corrected the issue. i returned to the US, shot for months, then returned to asia, did a firmware update, and guess what...my fears...the update returned the left focus to be off...not as bad as the first bout...but interesting. will be taking it back again. anyone else experience this issue?

I think I might have saw you picking up your camera between September - October timeframe at about 2-3 pm in the afternoon when I was testing a couple of demo lenses at Nikon Singapore. How often do one meet a person bringing in a US camera for adjustment in Singapore? Chances are very slim.

For your info, one would need to double check the AF fine tuning if you have any other setting than 0. That is because they have modified the AF s/w to improve 3D tracking which in-directly affects the movement and speed of the motor or braking power. Will expect very little re-adjustment like +/- 1 or 2 that it.

I had mine updated the day after it was officially released and do not need any adjustment accept one, from +1 (actually it was +0.5 but the setting is in steps of 1) to 0.

Yes, I do agreed that this thread is very old and should have a new thread instead.

Note: By the way this has nothing to do with left focusing issue, but more to AF fine tuning.

May 08, 2013 at 08:37 AM
vtec44
• •
p.1 #10 · those with D800 left focusing issues get a packing box ready

Blah, Nikon couldn't fix the issue on mine after 3 times.

May 09, 2013 at 01:54 AM
Steve Perry
• • • •
p.1 #11 · those with D800 left focusing issues get a packing box ready

Had the problem on my D8003 and D800 - sent both in this year and both are fixed now.

May 09, 2013 at 02:35 AM
nwadventurer7
• •
p.1 #12 · those with D800 left focusing issues get a packing box ready

hans..appreciate your input, but this has to do with the focusing accuracy of primarily left focus. The nikon d800e is such an awesome camera..occasionally i need to use either right or left single focus points for landscapes with wildlife subjects in them, to the side. i will update. didnt want to start a new thread so i perused the old one.

May 09, 2013 at 02:37 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password