Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Carmet Beach

Camperjim
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Carmet Beach

I have an hdr version and a non-hdr version of a sunset scene at Carmet Beach near Bodago Bay, California. I pulled about all the fill light I couild out of the non-hdr. The hdr was processed with minimal settings to avoid artifacts.

I also included a third image just for variety.

Thanks for any comments and suggestions, Jim

Carmet Beach - HDR

Carmet Beach - Single Image

Sunset with Rock and Bird

Sep 20, 2012 at 11:18 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Carmet Beach

Jim.
These are gorgeous!!
You have used an appropriately subtle touch in the HDR version of the first image. Hard to find fault. Maybe a bit more shadow recovery on the rocks selectively. The color, detail, sharpness and comp are all beautiful and the long exposure worked so well. I'd be quite proud.
Your last image is one that I would be pleased with as well. I suspect some might feel it doesnt have enough to it, but the strong silhouetted rock has interesting lines offering a bit of rough texture along the edge, the bird and sun add balance and the colors are quite pleasing. I wonder about a bit less sky from the top, but then the balance seems wrong. I'd keep the crop you chose.
Scott

Sep 21, 2012 at 12:17 AM
Camperjim
• • •
p.1 #3 · Carmet Beach

Thanks for the very positive comments. For the last image I could crop a bit off the top and balance by also cropping some off the right side. I need to come back later and reconsider. Right now I seem to like the large sky.

Sep 21, 2012 at 02:02 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password