Upload & Sell: Off
p.24 #1 · p.24 #1 · 6D - hands on & first experience

Overhere, the 6D without WI-FI and GPS is like $60 cheaper than the regular one

Dec 06, 2012 at 03:41 AM
pixelpix
• •
p.24 #2 · p.24 #2 · 6D - hands on & first experience

Sorry not much of a subject, just my back yard. It's getting dark here now so I will get some more tomorrow.

This image was shot with the 24 TS-E II, RAW processed via CapOne7 and saved as a level 10 JPG. At this stage I have not explored best settings for the 6D conversion, so this is pretty much the default settings but with my standard "base" sharpening that I use with the 650D and 1Ds2. (180/.8/1)

I think you will agree that the 6D is not "soft"!

WARNING: 10mb File - Full Frame....

https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/australianlight/6DTest_Level10.jpg

Edited on Dec 06, 2012 at 04:23 AM · View previous versions

Dec 06, 2012 at 03:46 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.24 #3 · p.24 #3 · 6D - hands on & first experience

Not the most beautifull motive.
But you are right. It does not look "soft".

Thank you very much for the sample image.
How does the body feel to you?

Ralph

Dec 06, 2012 at 04:41 AM
pixelpix
• •
p.24 #4 · p.24 #4 · 6D - hands on & first experience

The body feels great (having only held it a few minutes), it does not feel cheap in any way... in fact it feels quite solid and presents as very well built (I am use to 1 Series bodies too). It doesn't feel like a small camera to me, but I have been shooting a lot with my 650D of late, so am very use to small bodies too.

The TS-E is awesome on it also.... unlike the 24 PC-E I tested on the D600, it does not clash with the viewfinder prism, nor crush your fingers when the lens is shifted.

Ergonomically it feels right at home and picking it up for the first time, I was happily changing settings and AF point without removing the eye from the viewfinder... everything was exactly where my finger expected it.

AF seems very responsive on all points and even in low light gave no issue. When I tested the central af point only, it had no trouble focusing in extremely dark environments. How dark?... well any darker and it would have been like looking up a cow's bum.

Dec 06, 2012 at 05:52 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.24 #5 · p.24 #5 · 6D - hands on & first experience

glad to read this. That was exactly my feeling described at the beginning of this thread (except the cows bum). Meanwhile I became anxious, if it was more my fascination about the new AF (compared to 5D II) that made me feel unsecure. So many "cheap plastic" whining here. The time span did its own. At least it is 2,5 month ago, that I held this stuff in my hands.

Great to read you like it.

Ralph

Dec 06, 2012 at 06:57 AM
mikegrados
• •
p.24 #6 · p.24 #6 · 6D - hands on & first experience

I'm heading down to grope one tomorrow, but I'm going to hold off on purchasing until Adobe starts supporting it. Hopefully by that time we see a bit of a price drop, without a concurrent price drop on 5Dc's

Dec 07, 2012 at 01:17 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.24 #7 · p.24 #7 · 6D - hands on & first experience

Now we have a great new camera. A better price will follow.
Canon knows they are not allone. Nikon D800 is at 2.296 € already at Amazon (germany), D600 is at 1.649 € (500 below its announcement price, 350 below its sales start price less than 3 month ago).

Dec 07, 2012 at 02:44 PM
Prashr

p.24 #8 · p.24 #8 · 6D - hands on & first experience

A Product Advisory for the 6D. This pertains to uploading videos shot with the 6D to Youtube.

Dec 07, 2012 at 02:46 PM
kapytalyst
• • •
p.24 #9 · p.24 #9 · 6D - hands on & first experience

mikegrados wrote:
I'm heading down to grope one tomorrow, but I'm going to hold off on purchasing until Adobe starts supporting it. Hopefully by that time we see a bit of a price drop, without a concurrent price drop on 5Dc's

With 5Dc's selling for about $550, I think you're pretty safely close to the bottom.....

Dec 07, 2012 at 02:58 PM
juanpesandi

p.24 #10 · p.24 #10 · 6D - hands on & first experience

I love this camera! But I'm not a professional, and this is my first Full Frame, haha.

Does anybody knows what screen protector to buy for this camera? I need help, because I want to buy one.

Thanks!

Dec 07, 2012 at 03:38 PM
mikegrados
• •
p.24 #11 · p.24 #11 · 6D - hands on & first experience

I don't know about your 6Dc, but here's one for the 6DIII

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Screen-Protector-Canon-EOS-6D-Mark-III-/180995867229

Dec 07, 2012 at 03:46 PM
pixelpix
• •
p.24 #12 · p.24 #12 · 6D - hands on & first experience

Screen protectors are a solution in search of a problem. The existing Canon covers are very tough (I have never damaged one in god knows how many DLSRs) and they have always been cheap and easy to replace if you do. I see the 6D being no different.

Dec 07, 2012 at 04:18 PM
juanpesandi

p.24 #13 · p.24 #13 · 6D - hands on & first experience

It's my first time buying a screen protector. That's why I'm asking. I don't know what size or model I am looking for, because currently there is no screen protector that says it is for the 6D.

Dec 07, 2012 at 04:58 PM
pixelpix
• •
p.24 #14 · p.24 #14 · 6D - hands on & first experience

juanpesandi wrote:
It's my first time buying a screen protector. That's why I'm asking. I don't know what size or model I am looking for, because currently there is no screen protector that says it is for the 6D.

What I am saying is that you dont need an additional one.... the exist covers on the camera are all you need.

Dec 07, 2012 at 05:01 PM
juanpesandi

p.24 #15 · p.24 #15 · 6D - hands on & first experience

Ohh, I'm sorry. My bad.

So you don't recommend buying one, then?

Thanks for the suggestion.

Dec 07, 2012 at 05:06 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.24 #16 · p.24 #16 · 6D - hands on & first experience

The T4i has the same size LCD, you might try one for it...

Dec 07, 2012 at 06:39 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.24 #17 · p.24 #17 · 6D - hands on & first experience

pixelpix wrote:
Screen protectors are a solution in search of a problem. The existing Canon covers are very tough (I have never damaged one in god knows how many DLSRs) and they have always been cheap and easy to replace if you do.

I don't know about all that. I've never tried replacing one but I've heard it's not fun.

As far as the existing covers being tough, I would have to disagree. I suppose it depends upon if you baby your equipment or not. Most of my Canon DSLRs have gotten scratched LCDs after a short time of use.

Dec 07, 2012 at 07:29 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.24 #18 · p.24 #18 · 6D - hands on & first experience

juanpesandi wrote:
So you don't recommend buying one, then?

I've started using screen protectors lately and notice that the protectors, themselves, get scratched up real quick. One of these is a top-recommended brand of protector. The other is a Nikon brand protector.

Dec 07, 2012 at 07:34 PM
pixelpix
• •
p.24 #19 · p.24 #19 · 6D - hands on & first experience

D. Diggler wrote:
I don't know about all that. I've never tried replacing one but I've heard it's not fun.

Small suction cap in one corner, peel off, stick new one back... easy peazy!

Dec 07, 2012 at 07:47 PM
Glenn NK
• • •
p.24 #20 · p.24 #20 · 6D - hands on & first experience

I was informed (rather abruptly on another forum when I suggested just removing the original protector and installing a new one) that the newer Canon's make this rather difficult - at least not as easy as it used to be.

Somehow it seems to me that the LCD protector on Canons is probably the toughest part, and would take more impact abuse than any other part.

So if the LCD protector is getting scratched, what's happening to everything else?

Just a thought - anyone else?

I agree about them being a solution in search of a problem - well put.

The trouble with using a protector is that then people will think you have a Nikon.

Glenn

Dec 07, 2012 at 08:54 PM
1       2       3              23      
       25              35       36       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              23      
       25              35       36       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.