Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · New Yongnuo flash.

swoop
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · New Yongnuo flash.

Appears to support both nikon and canon TTL. PC sync is now a 2.5mm jack.

http://www.hkyongnuo.com/e-detail.php?ID=301

Sep 14, 2012 at 02:46 AM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #2 · New Yongnuo flash.

We you asking about it or just sharing? I recently got the 560EXII, so far it's pretty impressive for what I gave for it.

Sep 19, 2012 at 04:02 PM
swoop
• • •
p.1 #3 · New Yongnuo flash.

Just sharing. I recently sold my 3 light Vivitar 285HV kit and replaced them with Yongnuo 560EX II's as well. Went to look up the manual really quick and noticed there's a newer version and thought I'd share as it supports TTL for both Canon and Nikon in the same flash and I know alot of you guys like TTL lighting.

Sadly the "560EX III" doesn't have an HV battery port. I love using mine with Lumedynes. It brings the recycle time down to about 1.5 seconds.

Sep 20, 2012 at 07:57 PM
JBPhotog
• • •
p.1 #4 · New Yongnuo flash.

Just so some aren't confused about the naming, Yongnuo produce the following and not a YN560EX II or YN560EX III;

- YN560 II, purely a manual flash with S1 and S2 and multi modes.
- YN560EX (formerly named YN600EX) with manual, S1, S2 and multi modes, also compatible with Canon and Nikon TTL systems when off camera, as in only one central sync pin on the hot shoe.
- YN565EX, specific to camera brand and TTL when on camera.
- YN568EX, specific to camera brand, TTL and capable of HSS.

Sep 21, 2012 at 12:23 AM
pr4photos
• • •
p.1 #5 · New Yongnuo flash.

There doesn't appear to be a 568EX for Nikons yet. Shame, as I'd have one

Sep 21, 2012 at 05:54 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JBPhotog
• • •
p.1 #6 · New Yongnuo flash.

pr4photos wrote:
There doesn't appear to be a 568EX for Nikons yet. Shame, as I'd have one

According to this there is ,http://www.hkyongnuo.com/e-detail.php?ID=306. The Nikon version may in fact also be the Canon version as the pin out on the shoe seems to be a combo but I'd send them an email and ask. Also, I'd be tempted to buy direct from Yongnuo as they offer a 1 year warranty and will likely toss in the dome diffuser, at least they did with the YN560 II's I ordered from them, they have an ebay store/

Sep 24, 2012 at 04:51 PM
pr4photos
• • •
p.1 #7 · New Yongnuo flash.

I did email them and they said they don't have a Nikon version yet, but they have plans for one. So will wait and see

Sep 24, 2012 at 07:19 PM
ether1
• •
p.1 #8 · New Yongnuo flash.

very timely post...I spent $$$ on original Canon 580EX II and now looking to buy a few good but cheaper units. Was looking at ebay and saw these units but scared to buy for quality issues.

I guess they are OK....?

Oct 05, 2012 at 05:30 PM
Protege
• •
p.1 #9 · New Yongnuo flash.

ether1 wrote:
very timely post...I spent $$$ on original Canon 580EX II and now looking to buy a few good but cheaper units. Was looking at ebay and saw these units but scared to buy for quality issues.

I guess they are OK....?

They are more than OK. They're great. I have the 565ex for a month now and very impressed with it. For $150 shipped its still half the price of a used 580exii. And all I'm missing is HSS and master function. I read a review that confirms that the power is less than 580. 580 is at 58gn and the 565ex was tested at 56gn. Very negligible. If I were to buy more though, I'd get the 560ii. $75 shipped in eBay. I think you're losing out on ttl. No biggie if you're going to use them on manual anyway.

Oct 06, 2012 at 05:15 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password