Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · How I ended up eating the bride's meal [and 3 other unrel...

widjayaman
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How I ended up eating the bride's meal [and 3 other unrelated E-Sess, to boot]

Sometimes you just really root for your couples and the only thing that matters is helping them to just get married. Crazy wedding this past weekend where everything that could go wrong literally did. Flowers (ordered online) came rotten so they had to scramble to get replacements.. Cake got destroyed on the way to the venue and they had to got (and decorate) the replacement from Giants. Construction right in front of the venue causing massive traffic.. And then came the storm. Poor bridesmaids ended up deciding to forego getting ready and run out to decorate backup location ( which later got cancelled because it too got flooded.)

So the bride panicked because there was no time, and she decided to get into her dress with me the only one there. So I helped. Got her into the dress (so. many. buttons.) Put on her shoes and jewelry, all while she helplessly watched her bridesmaids got literally blown away by the storm below (didn't have camera in hand to capture that, bummer.) In her panic she also forgot he vows, so we brainstormed for a new wedding vow.

5 minutes before the original ceremony time, they finally decided on (the only) available location inside the hotel in this standing only room. I came into her room while cheerfully said "let's get married people!!" and saw her sobbing in the corner because apparently she just had a fight with her dad over the location (her dad still insisted that we had the wedding at the now-flooded backup location.)

Before the ceremony we realized that there would be no music at all. So I ran back up to bride's hotel room, grabbed the ipod speaker dock and plug in an ipod to play pachabel. There was also a round table in the middle of where they were supposed to stand that I cleared out right before she walked in.

During reception, as I was sitting in the corner, the father of the bride approached me and said that the couple asked me if I could sit and eat with them. So I sat at the sweetheart table, and before the server got a chance to ask me what I wanted, the bride gave her plate to me to eat because she wasn't hungry.

Crazy day. I got far fewer pics than I normally do but I don't think they would care.

And since we're at it, here are our last 3 engagement sessions as well - still learning from everyone, so any C&C is appreciated as usual!!

E-Sess #1

E-Sess #2. This was an insane property, hidden in the middle of an upscale development.

E-Sess #3.

Sep 11, 2012 at 04:38 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How I ended up eating the bride's meal [and 3 other unrelated E-Sess, to boot]

Sweet stuff Farid!
Saw the story on FB a couple days ago! Nicely handled

Sep 11, 2012 at 04:45 PM
tobicus
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How I ended up eating the bride's meal [and 3 other unrelated E-Sess, to boot]

nice work keeping your composure : D

Sep 11, 2012 at 04:47 PM
GoodEgg
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How I ended up eating the bride's meal [and 3 other unrelated E-Sess, to boot]

Nice photos, Best. Story. Ever. You're not a photographer, you're an angel.

Sep 11, 2012 at 05:02 PM
maxwell1295
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How I ended up eating the bride's meal [and 3 other unrelated E-Sess, to boot]

Wow. Talk about coming through in the clutch. And they say all we do is take pictures...

Sep 11, 2012 at 05:15 PM
Marcus Watts
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · How I ended up eating the bride's meal [and 3 other unrelated E-Sess, to boot]

That is an amazing story.

Great images too.

Sep 11, 2012 at 05:33 PM
Wolfe_boy
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · How I ended up eating the bride's meal [and 3 other unrelated E-Sess, to boot]

Great images. Better story. Awesome.

Sep 11, 2012 at 06:02 PM
othfilm
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · How I ended up eating the bride's meal [and 3 other unrelated E-Sess, to boot]

Wow, sounds like a crazy day. Love the sets, though the one I might take out is 19. The arrow shots are much better in 18 and 20, and it just distracts my eye to get part of the arrow awkwardly in the corner. Love the light in 15

Sep 11, 2012 at 06:13 PM
imaginephotoaz
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · How I ended up eating the bride's meal [and 3 other unrelated E-Sess, to boot]

Great story, and great work.

Sep 11, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jamesbjenkins
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · How I ended up eating the bride's meal [and 3 other unrelated E-Sess, to boot]

WOW. That bride is going to sing your praises for the rest of her life.

Great sets as well. Tough choice picking a favorite, but I think 26 is it for me. Nothing like climbing in a tree to get the shot!

Sep 11, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Ian Ivey
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · How I ended up eating the bride's meal [and 3 other unrelated E-Sess, to boot]

Good story. Did you just set a camera in the corner on auto and let it shoot once every 20 seconds while you buttoned up the dress?

Sep 12, 2012 at 04:25 AM
klee.007
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · How I ended up eating the bride's meal [and 3 other unrelated E-Sess, to boot]

Great stuff! (for an asian)

Keith

Sep 12, 2012 at 04:37 AM
WNStudio
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · How I ended up eating the bride's meal [and 3 other unrelated E-Sess, to boot]

Did this happen for real? I think you will remember this wedding forever
Great pictures, I think you are becoming inspiration for others at this point.
Good job.

Sep 12, 2012 at 06:42 AM
paregorike
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · How I ended up eating the bride's meal [and 3 other unrelated E-Sess, to boot]

Great job!

Sep 12, 2012 at 09:23 AM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · How I ended up eating the bride's meal [and 3 other unrelated E-Sess, to boot]

she should write you a testimonial about everything you did for her on her wedding day you came through like a trooper

Sep 12, 2012 at 12:23 PM
pattyw
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · How I ended up eating the bride's meal [and 3 other unrelated E-Sess, to boot]

Great shots all around!!

Sep 12, 2012 at 05:00 PM
Charles Gallo
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · How I ended up eating the bride's meal [and 3 other unrelated E-Sess, to boot]

You went 'above and beyond' on that one - congrats

Sep 12, 2012 at 05:29 PM
eNoBlog
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · How I ended up eating the bride's meal [and 3 other unrelated E-Sess, to boot]

Dude. You went into Messiah mode there. Good on you. Hope they paid you well!!!

Oh, and those pics are outstanding considering the circumstances.

Sep 12, 2012 at 05:51 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password