Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Trying to have a more Professional Appeal/Look

CoLmes
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Trying to have a more Professional Appeal/Look

Ok I wanted some thoughts on this as well as some advice. I wasn't exactly sure which forum to put it in so I hope it's okay that it sits here.

I'm looking to upgrade a few things so I can have a more professional appeal to my clients and future clients.

- Upgrade Website
Right now my website is in need of an upgrade. I don't like how blah it looks. I'm looking to move onto ProPhoto I think. For the people that are currently use it, how are you enjoying it? I really like how professional some of their examples are looking. But there are ones like this one: http://theyoungrens.com/portfolio/ that seem as if they are getting extra work done to it. I didn't see anything like this in the examples so I am wondering if people have web designers that spiff up their websites.

- Client Access part of website
I want to include client access to my website and keep my clients onto my website. What do some of you use for this? I've also heard good things about zenfolio.

-Update logo and create branding
My logo was done on a whim. I am currently working with a graphic artist to come up with a new, more professional looking logo that I can integrate on my website, watermarks, cards, etc.

- Advertising
I need to find a way to reach more people. I am coming up with ads and deals and contest ideas but I feel as though I am not reaching enough people when I send them out to the world. How have you gotten or found ways to find new clients and people around your area? I've just got accepted for an internship for photography for a local magazine and I'll be constantly rubbing elbows with business owners and people around my area. I know that'll help tremendously if I can get some connections and network.

Is there anything else that I am missing? Could there be anything else that I need to work on that would have to do with my website or anything else?

Sep 11, 2012 at 02:16 PM
mdude85
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Trying to have a more Professional Appeal/Look

For what it's worth, I think your website and logo are very professional looking. The only suggestion I would have is cut down on the number of photos you display in each of your galleries. You really do not need 40-70 photos per event to display your best work. It might be fine for a blog, but is overkill for a portfolio. Your portfolio should be 10-20 images from each of weddings and engagements, for 20-40 images total.

Also, what is "Investment" (navigation link). If it's your pricing section, just call it Pricing. People know wedding photography costs money.

Sep 11, 2012 at 07:14 PM
CoLmes
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Trying to have a more Professional Appeal/Look

I think you looked at the link I posted. Thats not my website, just an example. My website is http://www.colincolemanfotos.com

Sep 11, 2012 at 07:54 PM
mdude85
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Trying to have a more Professional Appeal/Look

Oh, hah, you're right. My bad.

But my advice still stands. Don't emulate that site's portfolio and if it's your pricing page, call it pricing

You might want to go for a designer who will help you design a new logo and perhaps some new business cards and other forms of branding, but you can do a website on your own, for example, with Wordpress. But overall, your website is not bad. I think it might help if your photos were a little bit larger and you changed your photo slider.

Sep 12, 2012 at 07:04 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password