Upload & Sell: Off
| p.89 #4 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens) |
Some comments from me now on things that I DON'T like, now that I've had the RX1 for a couple of days, please take them as (obviously) my personal views and feel free to discuss, disagree or correct me!
1) The compulsory zoom when using the focus peaking function is mad. I do hope Sony change this, or at least make it an option. I love the focus peaking, but this is just annoying as i have to recompose if my focus point isn't centre of screen.
2) The manual is terrible, it spends more time telling you how to,put the battery in, than how the HDR function works, or what DMF means - still don't know that one. I had to check the online version to find out how to use the Teleconverter and smart zoom function. Which are useless, by the way, if you just shoot RAW. Obvious when you think about it, but :-). Some of the builtin help is good, but most of it just states the obvious.
3) I wish that the smiley face icons and other unused 'gimmicky' tools wouldn't show on the display when they're off. Just saying :-)
4) The battery life is pretty poor, but I am coming from a Canon DSLR (but also a Canon S100), you most definitely need a spare. Not supplying a proper charger is pretty low too.
5) The strap is of pretty average quality, again, just my view, may beige been spoilt.
6) The leather case isn't terribly functional, it's in two pieces, so when you remove the top and lens section, you've gotta hang onto it somehow. Also, you can't plug the cables in with the 'base' of the case on.
7) If you think you're going to get to shoot in creamy 1080/60p (as per the blurb that states 1080/50 or 1080/60 and lower) in Australia, forget it. Tucked away in the manual, it tells you to look in the bottom plate on the camera and see if you have a '50i' or a '60i'. Yup, mine is a 50i and that's the most it will do.
8) We don't even get an Oz power cord for the USB block charger, it's the double round pin European one in the box. Couldn't spare the extra couple of bucks, Sony?
That said, and I know I'm being picky, but i do believe in sharing the warts and all. That all said, I do like the camera and will be keeping it!
Oh yeah, I won't even touch on the price of the accessories! $180 for a lens hood? FFS Sony!