Upload & Sell: Off
I received my RX1 last week already but I've been trying to keep from using it since it's supposed to be under the Christmas tree!! Talk about torture... .
Due to a guy with crud on his sensor over on dpreview, I had to shoot with it just enough to prove it was in perfect working order so that was fun - but now it's even harder not to touch. I'm getting my wife to wrap it today while I'm at work...
Some initial impressions:
1. Heavier and more compact than I expected - in a good way.
2. Silent operation once you turn off the artificial noise - I mean VERY silent. Leica silent.
3. Using a 'bug' from MatchTechnical on the shutter release is very nice.
4. OOC JPEG give the Fuji xTrans a run for it's money. Not sure why but the color / wb / exposure is pretty darn nice (all indoor shots). Looking at photos in LR is a pleasure even up to ISO 6400.
5. The EVF is WAY, WAY better than the NEX-7's. Now I'm just mad that the NEX-7 is so crappy. - it's hard to go back to the NEX-7 EVF, especially for indoor use.
6. Focus peaking is a PITA the way it's implemented. I'm flabbergasted that they couldn't at least match what the NEX-7 has. I need a FW update for this one. It works - but it has to work without magnification to be useful for me.
7. Did I mention that the camera looks incredibly sexy? Yes - I went there.
8. The bokeh is very pleasing to my eyes. I haven't shot with FF for a while but f/2 is a lot shallower than I remembered!
9. I'm not as fussy as a lot of folks but looking corner-to-corner at f/5.6, f/8, f/11 looked pretty darn sweet to me. Of course, this is JPEG OOC but still...
10. Maybe I'll call my wife and ask her to save the wrapping 'til tomorrow now that I've got myself all worked up again...