Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              85      
       87              192       193       end

Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

philber
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.86 #1 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

What you are seeing is the default one. And altering JPEG profiles wasn't my priority is so short a time. But you could be right, of course.

Dec 02, 2012 at 08:46 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.86 #2 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

I just wonder, because the trend has been for the standard profiles to get more punchy with time, but there is usually a neutral one. Also, I wonder why you decided to match the NEX to the too-punchy RX1, rather than the other way around. Because the RX1 was JPG?

Dec 02, 2012 at 09:26 AM
mcbroomf
• • • •
p.86 #3 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

Thanks for posting this Philippe. Fixed lens cameras aren't my cup of tea but I will follow it's progress nevertheless.

BTW did you mean NOT in this sentence?

"That is, if you find how to activate it, because the menu structure is now exactly intuitive"

Mike

Dec 02, 2012 at 11:49 AM
philber
• • • • •
p.86 #4 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

Good catch, Mike! Of course you are right. Abject apologies;

Dec 02, 2012 at 03:33 PM
michaelwatkins
• • •
p.86 #5 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

If you want to play with RX1 raw files in Lightroom or ACR you can fool those applications into working with them by setting the tag SonyModelId to SLT-A99V.

With exiftool it's easy enough to do:

http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

Download. On Windows (maybe on Mac - up to you to figure that out) you can create a drag and drop target by copying the exe file and renaming the copy to:

exiftool(-k -SonyModelId=SLT-A99V -overwrite_original_in_place -P).exe

Then you can drag and drop RX1 files on top of the newly renamed exe - it'll process them, show a window with any messages, and that's that.

Apparently LR4.3 will contain the RX1 additions and lens profiles - its not in the public beta but I have seen comments from people who have access to a verison of 4.3 beta with the RX1 additions.

Dec 02, 2012 at 10:27 PM
joanlvh
• • •
p.86 #6 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

thank u, Philber for the great write up. I was able to hold the rx 1 yesterday at a photo show in Texas, no pictures. Even after reading about its size I was surprised at how small the rx 1 is. I had a Nex 7 with a ZM 50 1.5 with me and the rx 1 is very noticably thinner and less wide, taking into account the necessary adaptor on the Nex

Dec 03, 2012 at 03:08 AM
Benvision

p.86 #7 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

just found this...

http://mysonyrx1.wordpress.com/

wow

Dec 03, 2012 at 05:09 AM
Jgreene11
• •
p.86 #8 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

Mine shipped yesterday from B&H! I'll try to post some images soon.

Dec 04, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Spyro P.
• • • •
p.86 #9 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

^^ nice lens

Dec 04, 2012 at 12:20 PM
tulaev

p.86 #10 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/sony/42244-fun-rx-1-a.html

Dec 05, 2012 at 04:44 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.86 #11 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

Huff posted the second part of his review.

Dec 05, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Makten
• • • •
p.86 #12 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

Does anyone know if auto-ISO can be set up to work at whatever slowest shutter speed you want? This far only Nikon seems to understand how to do it properly.

I've finally decided to get one anyway, and I expect to have it next week.
While the EVF surely will come later I got myself a Voigtländer optical finder, which is very small and optically nice, and with a reasonably large view (0.68x, same as M9). The price is right as well (but I bought mine second hand).

http://www.voigtlaender.de/cms/voigtlaender/voigtlaender_cms.nsf/id/pa_asan6m4dx3.html

Dec 05, 2012 at 10:58 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.86 #13 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

Haha, I was wondering how long it would take I am really curious what you think.

Dec 05, 2012 at 11:00 AM
HelenaN
• • •
p.86 #14 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

Hmmm... It's in stock in Norway now. Veeery tempting, but I'll try and wait until next year (and hopefully find a used one). Also, I'd like to read some more user reviews first.

Dec 05, 2012 at 11:55 AM
h00ligan
• • • •
p.86 #15 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

Mine is ready to ship from amazon. But I'm thinking ill pass for now. It's awfully expensive (for me) and I'm not sure it can replace other stuff I have. Reports seem enthusiastic though. So I'm still on the fence.

To admit my stupidity. What's killing me right now with anything other than dslr's is flash. I can't seem to get ANY compact working acceptably.

The only compact I have owned that did fantastically with built in flash (again for me) was the x100. Unfortunately I couldn't get away from lens flare and slow af (coupled with for me p, unworkable mf)

I really struggle with all of the modes for built in crappy flashes. Where as with dslr's I just meter my ambient and bounce or use some sort of scoop etc.

The benefit of a compact camera for my use is candid situations in low light and so far I've failed to make anything work well. That tells me throwing more money at the problem won't fix it. There's clearly a huge gap in my knowledge of utilization of all the auto flash modes.

The most recent bomb out has been the rx100. Good up close and in good light. Decent for travel all around. Still bombing for me in party situations. Or like last night trying to work outdoor ice rink shots.

From what I'm reading the rx1 is still pretty limited in flash - or did I miss something?

Dec 09, 2012 at 01:02 AM
stuuke
• • •
p.86 #16 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

Hooligan, have you tried bouncing the flash on the rx100? I've had really good luck with it. I even taped it back one night when I knew I was going to be taking a lot of indoor party pics.

Dec 09, 2012 at 01:45 AM
h00ligan
• • • •
p.86 #17 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

Yah. I have been and it works well indoors. Last night was just a huge pain in the backside - and probably would have taken me a bit of time with a full rig.

Anyway. I am on the fence with the rx100. First I loved it. Then I thought meh.

It's IMO the best pocket cam out there though. I just want what everyone else does. Ilc that size with full cram and nano collapsible flash units

Sorry I went off on a tangent in the thread. I'm just finding all of the compacts to be tough for me once flash is involved. And even 35 1.4 on a 5d needs flash at some point....so I'd like to learn more about the flash system for the rx1. And also bridge my gap in knowledge when it comes to built in flash. I can make things work with dslr's and even with the fuji. But I seem to suck with everything else.

Dec 09, 2012 at 11:22 AM
tulaev

p.86 #18 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

RX1 vs 5D II, D800, X100, RX100:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50436113

Dec 09, 2012 at 02:37 PM
maiku

p.86 #19 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

Mine's coming in a couple days!
Do we have any word from RRS as to whether or not they'll be making a plate for the RX1? Maybe even a grip/L-bracket like for the Fuji X100 or OM-D?

Dec 10, 2012 at 02:41 AM
h00ligan
• • • •
p.86 #20 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

Tulaev - that's an interesting 'real world' comparison but he point of focus seems to shift. Maybe I'm missing something.

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:16 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password