Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       6              191       192       end

Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

sebboh
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

snowboarder wrote:
There will be an EVF and an OVF to attach to it. I think it's the best solution, pick which ever you like...

agreed, there will probably be plenty of times (going out at night) when i don't care about having a viewfinder but want to conserve space.

Sep 09, 2012 at 09:49 PM
slungu
• • •
p.5 #2 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

To be honest, this would be very tempting, but not at the price point of 2800$. I could go by with a nice fixed lens and even if I would rather have a 28mm, the 35 would be just fine. As I said, not at this price - for that I would get a 5DII and a Summicron and still have a expandable system.

Sep 09, 2012 at 09:49 PM
Dan1
• •
p.5 #3 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

$2800 and I can't take the lens with me when I upgrade bodies? This thing is going to have Maserati-like depreciation.

Sep 09, 2012 at 09:53 PM
snowboarder
• • • •
p.5 #4 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

slungu wrote:
To be honest, this would be very tempting, but not at the price point of 2800$. I could go by with a nice fixed lens and even if I would rather have a 28mm, the 35 would be just fine. As I said, not at this price - for that I would get a 5DII and a Summicron and still have a expandable system.

Sure, whenever you go out, you grab you 5D with you
This will fit "almost" in your pocket or at least in your european men's purse... For that size
you have the quality of your 5D with better lens than anything Canon can come up with.

Sep 09, 2012 at 09:53 PM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #5 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

Well, it better be one hell of a lens for $2800. That's a lot for a non interchangeable camera with no finder imo, particularly if we see sub $2000, compact DSLR bodies using the same sensor. So, perhaps Sony IS testing the market with this thing.

Sep 09, 2012 at 09:55 PM
snowboarder
• • • •
p.5 #6 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

Tariq Gibran wrote:
Well, it better be one hell of a lens for $2800. That's a lot for a non interchangeable camera with no finder imo, particularly if we see sub $2000, compact DSLR bodies using the same sensor. So, perhaps Sony IS testing the market with this thing.

Look, I paid over $3K for my 35 Cron. Many people did. So there is a market for a high end tiny FF camera
with such a lens... I think I'll get one just for fun and to support Sony

Sep 09, 2012 at 10:00 PM
slungu
• • •
p.5 #7 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

snowboarder wrote:
Sure, whenever you go out, you grab you 5D with you
This will fit "almost" in your pocket or at least in your european men's purse... For that size
you have the quality of your 5D with better lens than anything Canon can come up with.

Hm, I downgraded last year from 1DS plus 2 Zeiss C/Y to NEX plus 2 Zeiss ZM and one little 90/4, but while my back is much better now on a day trough the city, that NEX is not going to fit in my pocket and I am not expecting this from this one either. So yes, it sure has to deliver big time and even then, I am not sure I will take the bite.

Sep 09, 2012 at 10:01 PM
snapsy
• • • •
p.5 #8 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

I think this will be a boutique camera that likely lays both the technical and marketing groundwork for a FF ILC coming within the next year.

Sep 09, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Jacob D
• • •
p.5 #9 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

No EVF.
No tilt screen.
No interchangeable lenses.

I might have been convinced to spend $1500 on this, but $2700? No way. Not me.

I do like the 35mm FL, and F2 is just fine. But without the wide world of FF lens options I really don't need the IQ of FF. Current APS-C sensors are good enough at the moment. The day Sony announces an EVIL FF camera I will be all over it. Honestly, I would hope the price for such a beast would be in this range +/- a few bux, sans optics anyway.

Sep 09, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Dan1
• •
p.5 #10 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

I see this as an example of the typical Sony strategy of offering a product which differentiates itself from the competition in a "soft," rather than a "hard" or techical manner, and then playing chicken with the pricing to see how far they can go.

Sep 09, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Tariq Gibran
• • • • • •
p.5 #11 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

snowboarder wrote:
Look, I paid over $3K for my 35 Cron. Many people did. So there is a market for a high end tiny FF camera
with such a lens... I think I'll get one just for fun and to support Sony

Sure...but this is not a Leica 35 Cron. It's a Sony Zeiss which means it's probably a good lens but not anything close to your Cron (going by my experience with ZA 24/2). I'm most curious to see how it actually performs though.

I don't think the camera is going to be as "tiny" as you think. It might not fit to well in your man purse. but we will see. Personally, I would jump all over this if it had either a built in finder (adding the extra dimensions would hot have altered size too much I think) OR was not fixed lens.

Sep 09, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • • •
p.5 #12 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

snapsy wrote:
I think this will be a boutique camera that likely lays both the technical and marketing groundwork for a FF ILC coming within the next year.

+1

Sep 09, 2012 at 10:09 PM
douglasf13
• • • • •
p.5 #13 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

FWIW, we don't know whether this has a Nex-style flip up LCD or not. Hope so.

Sep 09, 2012 at 10:12 PM
snowboarder
• • • •
p.5 #14 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

Tariq Gibran wrote:
Sure...but this is not a Leica 35 Cron. It's a Sony Zeiss which means it's probably a good lens but not anything close to your Cron (going by my experience with ZA 24/2). I'm most curious to see how it actually performs though.

I don't think the camera is going to be as "tiny" as you think. It might not fit to well in your man purse. but we will see. Personally, I would jump all over this if it had either a built in finder (adding the extra dimensions would hot have altered size too much I think) OR
...Show more

You're right. But even if its a good, not great lens, it's still a Zeiss 35 f2 FF, so at least $900 right?
The cheapest FF camera is supposed to be $1500 - FF and the simplest DSLR body for probably not more than $100.
This R1 requires some serious R&D, I don't see why people think it could be cheaper today.
In a few years - yes. But today, $2800 seems like a fair price to me.

Sep 09, 2012 at 10:14 PM
gianluca78

p.5 #15 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

I don't think the camera is going to be as "tiny" as you think. It might not fit to well in your man purse. but we will see.

Sep 09, 2012 at 10:16 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.5 #16 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

snowboarder wrote:
You're right. But even if its a good, not great lens, it's still a Zeiss 35 f2 FF, so at least $900 right?
The cheapest FF camera is supposed to be $1500 - FF and the simplest DSLR body for probably not more than $100.
This R1 requires some serious R&D, I don't see why people think it could be cheaper today.
In a few years - yes. But today, $2800 seems like a fair price to me.

consider R&D, it might be lots of invest, but why costumer care that. I really doubt it will sell. $1800 for FF might sell well.

Sep 09, 2012 at 10:21 PM
wfrank
• • • •
p.5 #17 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

Fixed lens. Bummer.

Good thing though is that Sony have much shorter product cycles than Canon/Nikon. And since this is a Full-Frame something really nice could be just round the corner instead of "within 2-3 years".

Sep 09, 2012 at 10:24 PM
FlyPenFly
• • • • •
p.5 #18 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

Goodbye NEX-7.

A 35mm F2 on SONY FULL FRAME. sign me up.

I guess it helps that 35mm is my favorite focal length.

Sep 09, 2012 at 10:29 PM
mawz
• • • • •
p.5 #19 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

snowboarder wrote:
Damn, Sony is really pushing it!

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sony-rx1-costs-2799-same-a99-sensor/

I think it's amazing what Sony, Fuji and Oly are doing. Quite a shame where Canon/Nikon
are at the moment...

If rumours are correct and Nikon does bring us the D600 for a reasonable cost, Nikon has nothing to worry about. Canon on the other hand seems dedicated to a me-too lineup.

Sep 09, 2012 at 10:36 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.5 #20 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

douglasf13 wrote:
FWIW, we don't know whether this has a Nex-style flip up LCD or not. Hope so.

that looks like a flip up lcd to me:

note the way the lcd frame juts out rather than being smoothly incorporated into the body and the fact that it has a tab on top to help pull it away from the body just as the nex-5 does.

judging by the hotshoe this is noticeably smaller than a NEX-7 + 35mm cron.

Sep 09, 2012 at 10:42 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password