FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Doing errands for Doby

PetKal
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Doing errands for Doby

mco_970 wrote:
Yeah, go smell a buzzard sometime. I dare you to cook one and eat it. Double dog dare you.

I might be crazy but I ain't that dumb.

Sep 07, 2012 at 09:51 PM
Cicopo
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Doing errands for Doby

Peter, the event's are winding down for the season but here's the link to MAAC which is the sanctioning body which has an EVENTS list for all areas of Canada. ALL events require MAAC sanctioning to be insured so if it's going to happen it will be listed there.

www.maac.ca

If you've never attended one it can be a big wake up re size & speed they fly at, especially if they have any gas turbine jets in attendance. Lots of clubs & events down your way so you may get to take a shot at it before the season ends & if you like it it won't take much to get the organizers to grant you flight line access considering your skills & gear.

Sep 07, 2012 at 10:06 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Doing errands for Doby

Larry, thank you kindly.

Sep 07, 2012 at 10:31 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Doing errands for Doby

PetKal wrote:
The test images below are SOOC JPGs resized for web only.

missing

you and your posting images for not more than 3-4 hours, I think that is your "catch phrase" as it were

(and with a thread title something about Doby I have to say it took me well more than 3-4 hours to click it even after I first spotted the thread )

Sep 07, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Doing errands for Doby

Ok guys,

As I am the DOBBIE in question (and Yakim , I am a free elf now ) I have made my choice.

I'm going to be getting a 70-200/2.8 mk2 but NOT if I can at all help it at the expense of my 100-400 .

It seems that under certain circumstances the combo could equal(or at leaste be close) to the 100-400 but it also seems that it needs the mk3 TC to be able to do the job. And as the mk3 TC costs well over half of what I could sell my 100-400 for it seems there is little point in sacrificing the 100-400 for very little gain.
Now sometime in the future I may decide to let the 100-400 go in favour of some other 400mm option. (and yes as mentioned I know the 100-400 is slightly less than 400mm )

Sep 08, 2012 at 02:00 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Doing errands for Doby

Ian.Dobinson wrote:
...I'm going to be getting a 70-200/2.8 mk2 but NOT if I can at all help it at the expense of my 100-400.

Right answer, Dobbie!

Sep 08, 2012 at 06:39 AM
Cicopo
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Doing errands for Doby

Peter, I'm not sure why but there is a big event planned for Cayuga on the 22 & 23rd that ISN'T yet on the MAAC schedule. It's not a regular event in the style of flying but one where the pilots will do the craziest possible aerobatics close to the flight line, and with rather large planes.

http://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=143090

If it interests you I know the organizer & I'm pretty sure I can get you good access to the flight line. They'll be doing stuff like this (several of these planes will be there).

http://picasaweb.google.com/TCPRCphotos/The25thAnnualOttawaValleyIMAAFunFlyTheLunchBreakEntertainment

Larry

Sep 08, 2012 at 08:15 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Doing errands for Doby

Thank you, Larry....your pictures look great. Will send you a PM.

Sep 08, 2012 at 09:04 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Doing errands for Doby

Peter ,
will you be taking some of your Radio Controlled Ducks and Pigeons along?

Sep 08, 2012 at 09:15 AM
reno.peterson
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Doing errands for Doby

Hey Ian...I'll be getting my "Stab-Pipe" out tomorrow at the Cyclocross races tomorrow in Alton!!! When will you be out shooting yours?

I'll post some of the results, and maybe even a couple of me "Dirt Dining" if I can get my neighbor to snap a few shots of me in my debut race!!!

http://wtbsuperprestige.blogspot.com/

Sep 08, 2012 at 09:18 AM
Photon
• • • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Doing errands for Doby

Ian.Dobinson wrote:
Peter ,
will you be taking some of your Radio Controlled Ducks and Pigeons along?

I've been assured that the RCDs and RCPs are now beginning their southward migration. We Suthrenners eagerly await their arrival as we tweak our RF jamming devices. Finally, a chance to shoot boids that fly where we want them to!

Sep 08, 2012 at 12:11 PM
reno.peterson
• • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Doing errands for Doby

Couple fun shots today at the race...I'll get to to action ones later!!! Had a blast and came back in one piece!!!

Sep 09, 2012 at 05:42 PM
reno.peterson
• • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Doing errands for Doby

Ok, now for a few riders from the Wild Track Bicycles Prestige Cyclocross Series in Alton, IL.. .http://wtbsuperprestige.blogspot.com

Sep 09, 2012 at 05:55 PM
Fr3d
• •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Doing errands for Doby

The 70-200 L II is really a boring lens .. it just does everything so well.
With the 2x TC it is so usable, I stopped lusting after the 400mm f/5.6 L.

Sep 09, 2012 at 06:32 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.