Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · 1DX WTF!!!

lowa2
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · 1DX WTF!!!

It happens...send it back. Could have been damaged in shipping too...

Sep 06, 2012 at 02:49 AM
snapsy
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · 1DX WTF!!!

Interestingly this issue seems to occur more frequently on the higher-end PJ/sports bodies, including the Nikon equivalents like the D3, because to support their high FPS they use high-speed read-out channels that appear more sensitive/prone to imbalances.

Sep 06, 2012 at 03:04 AM
davenfl
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · 1DX WTF!!!

Well it is a shame but lots can happen between the factory QC check and your desk. Shipping is a tough process. Get yourself a new one and enjoy. We got a new Nikon D4 and a Canon 1DX 2 weeks ago. The Canon is wonderful and the D4 was dead on arrival. Everyone has issues. Our replacement D4 arrived and my wife is loving it so the bad memory was a short one. Hopefully you have a good dealer.

Dave

Sep 06, 2012 at 03:17 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · 1DX WTF!!!

skibum5 wrote:
unless you pay leica prices you won't give but a small percentage of goods tested and inspected before shipment (granted some may say the top line 1 series ARE Leica prices)

No. Leica prices top 1D X easily. And imo you get much less.
And John browse is right. It is a shame. But 100% is not possible, neither 50%, nor 20% I guess.

If any body sold the last 25 years would have been checked for only 15 minutes (what imo would not be enough to find all possible failures) Canon would have needed 2667 full employees in QC only for this.

Do not be angry. Send it back and get a new one. Good luck!

Ralph

Sep 06, 2012 at 03:53 AM
Robert Way
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · 1DX WTF!!!

Stuff happens. We don't live in a perfect world. I know it is frustrating and you are very disappointed with this. My second digital camera body would not focus on anything at all. I sent it back to B&H and they replaced it no questions asked. Return it where you bought it and get a replacement.

Sep 06, 2012 at 05:33 AM
big country
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · 1DX WTF!!!

looks like a bad pcb board (i think that is what it's called). i had a 1d iii do the same thing.

Sep 06, 2012 at 12:54 PM
ggreene
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · 1DX WTF!!!

Perhaps authorized resellers could offer a pre-test option for a small fee to weed out the obvious DOA's. I usually buy from B+H and I would not mind paying them to run a simple QC check on a $7000 body to avoid me having the disappointment of getting a defective unit and having to ship it back and wait for a new one.

Sep 06, 2012 at 01:35 PM
troy12n
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · 1DX WTF!!!

ggreene wrote:
Perhaps authorized resellers could offer a pre-test option for a small fee to weed out the obvious DOA's. I usually buy from B+H and I would not mind paying them to run a simple QC check on a $7000 body to avoid me having the disappointment of getting a defective unit and having to ship it back and wait for a new one.

That's bogus. For what these things cost, they should be right, out of the box, every time. We arent talking consumer level electronics here.

Sep 06, 2012 at 01:56 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

James Markus
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · 1DX WTF!!!

A long shot, but try a different CF card manufacturer and or card.

Sep 06, 2012 at 03:01 PM
BluesWest
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · 1DX WTF!!!

For what these things cost, they should be right, out of the box, every time. We arent talking consumer level electronics here.

+1. If we were talking about a $500 point-and-shoot, the occasional dysfunctional product getting through QC would probably be acceptable (although still annoying). But the 1DX is Canon's top-of-the-line professional camera body. The darn thing costs US$6,800! Shouldn't the buyer expect an especially-diligent QC process for that kind of cash?

John

Sep 06, 2012 at 04:34 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · 1DX WTF!!!

BluesWest wrote:
+1. If we were talking about a $500 point-and-shoot, the occasional dysfunctional product getting through QC would probably be acceptable (although still annoying). But the 1DX is Canon's top-of-the-line professional camera body. The darn thing costs US$6,800! Shouldn't the buyer expect an especially-diligent QC process for that kind of cash?

John

For what a Mercedes SL costs, this car should be perfect from the purchase, right? Reality teaches us that things are not perfect just because of a price. For those who get a disfunctioning product at any price it is always annoying. ButTo expect a perfect product is always nice fantasy. A product is "created", "developed" and "produced". It would be a wonder if any product would be perfect.

Ralph

Sep 06, 2012 at 07:34 PM
Mescalamba
• • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · 1DX WTF!!!

You got lemon. Send it back and get new one. It happens, even tho it really shouldnt at this price point.

Sep 06, 2012 at 07:52 PM
cordellwillis
• • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · 1DX WTF!!!

BluesWest wrote:

John

Both of you have GOT TO BE KIDDING This is earth. Welcome.

We are humans....shouldn't every person be perfect too? Who made *this* product

Get the camera fixed and move on to enjoy it. Sh!t happens to everything.

Sep 06, 2012 at 10:51 PM
BluesWest
• • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · 1DX WTF!!!

Who made *this* product

What part of "QC" don't you understand? It has nothing to do with "who made it" and everything to do with testing it properly before it went out the door.

John

Sep 07, 2012 at 12:39 AM
ggreene
• • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · 1DX WTF!!!

I'll bet the failure rate is less then 1% on the 1DX. No way is Canon going to waste man hours testing every single unit coming off the line. If they did we would be looking at $10K-$15K price tags.

Sep 07, 2012 at 01:19 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password