Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2012 · Samsung NX is awesome..be sure to check it out.

Bifurcator
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · Samsung NX is awesome..be sure to check it out.

Thanks for at least trying! Very appreciated. No one else seems interested.

It is a sharpened image of flashed ice if I'm not mistaken, right? Kinda hard to tell much but of what I can tell it doesn't look too good still. I'm sure your full image is a good photograph and all, I'm just speaking from a purely technical analysis using my untrained n00b eyes.

kiankim wrote:
I didn't get to go out much since I bought Samsung to be honest, so I don't have much sample to show

This isn't best 100% crop to show what camera can do, but it is something regardless
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kiankim9609/8347207069/in/photostream/

Shot at 20mm wideopen(f3.5), and ISO800. Image is straight from camera (JPEG), other than 100% crop thing I had to do in Lightroom.

But I will try to go out this weekend to get some samples in ideal condition if possible

Jan 06, 2013 at 03:29 PM
kiankim

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · Samsung NX is awesome..be sure to check it out.

It is indeed image of flashed ice.
It does look rather too "cooked" by NX's JPEG engine but for kit lens that is wideopen, it's not too bad IMO.
SOMEWHAT comparable to my 5D II with Leica 35mm interms of sharpness when stopped down, and I am almost certain that it is sharper than Canon's 18-55 IS kit lens at least when wideopen. (I don't own them, but tried my friend's 550D/T2i/Kissx4 with 18-55 IS)

I will need to test NX1000 with 20-50 again but this time in RAW, but weather isn't cooperating

I am not expert by any means, but IQ wise, Samsung's NX isn't bad at all I think. They need to figure out something about buffer and responsiveness, but other than that, no major flaws I think

Jan 06, 2013 at 05:56 PM
curious80
• • •
p.3 #3 · Samsung NX is awesome..be sure to check it out.

Bifurcator wrote:
Thanks for at least trying! Very appreciated. No one else seems interested.

I am not sure what do you exactly want to know. Are you trying to assess the sensor? If yes then which aspect of it - resolution, noise, DR? Resolution wise it is just about what you would expect a 20MP sensor to be. Basically the sensor parameters have already been tested and reported on many review sites and I doubt we would add much by presenting similar comparisons as have been presented elsewhere on the web. However still if you have any specific area of performance that you are curious about then I might be able to do some test shots for you.

If you are looking to assess actual photographic work using the camera then obviously that is limited much more by the photographer than the camera. I presented a couple of snaps out of it earlier in this thread. They mostly just tell how average of a photographer I am rather than saying much about the camera. They would have turned out just about the same even if I had used my NEX instead of the NX200.

As far as I am concerned the choice between these systems is not really down to sensors. It is mainly based on what your preferences are in terms of lenses and ergonomics etc. For me the NX lens lineup and its bodies offer a compelling package - not perfect of course but a well rounded solid set.

Jan 06, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.3 #4 · Samsung NX is awesome..be sure to check it out.

Nope, nothing specific I wanna see. Some users of the camera said the images it produced were wonderful and great. So I wanna see something wonder and great. That's it, nothing more. So far however people have said wonderful and great and posted images which were sub-par in just about every category of IQ I know how to detect from looking.

I kinda doubt it has anything to do with user skill levels tho. I mean I suck and I know it - yet I can show images which demonstrate the IQ on a 4/3 - both strengths and weaknesses.

So I'm just like: "Kewl, it's awesome! Show me the beef."

Jan 09, 2013 at 04:33 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

curious80
• • •
p.3 #5 · Samsung NX is awesome..be sure to check it out.

Bifurcator wrote:
Nope, nothing specific I wanna see. Some users of the camera said the images it produced were wonderful and great. So I wanna see something wonder and great. That's it, nothing more. So far however people have said wonderful and great and posted images which were sub-par in just about every category of IQ I know how to detect from looking.

I kinda doubt it has anything to do with user skill levels tho. I mean I suck and I know it - yet I can show images which demonstrate the IQ on a 4/3 - both strengths and weaknesses.

So I'm
...Show more

I suppose we have very different perspectives. As far as I am concerned all of these systems are capable of producing amazing images and producing great images is mostly up to the user and much less dependent on the system that you use. There are people who show excellent work with entry level DSLRs and kit lenses and there are others who post mediocre images from M9's with top of the shelf Leica lenses. There are obviously specific IQ areas where one camera or lens might be superior to other, but I don't think that any camera system today is incapable of producing great images. For me what makes a system good is not that the system inherently gives better images, it is more about the bodies and lenses available in the system and how that suits your needs and preferences. And I think this is what the OP pointed out that even though NX system doesn't get a lot of press, it actually does have a nice set of lenses and bodies. Thats just about it.

Jan 09, 2013 at 07:17 AM
pdmphoto
• • • •
p.3 #6 · Samsung NX is awesome..be sure to check it out.

I still have my 5DII (and a large assortment of fine lenses), but also have the NX200 and NX20. They are GREAT system cameras. They each serve thier own purpose. I use the 16/2.4 and 30/2 a lot on the NX200 as a snapshot camera. I use the 30/2 and longer (including alt lenses) on the NX20, or when I want a flip out LCD or viewfinder. The 16/2.4 and 30/2 are excellent lenses. The NX cameras and lenses can deliver pro quality results, Here are some snapshots I posted for fun. I have many other pictures I can post that may be what you want to see, but it isn't about the NX camera system, more about the subject and photographer. These are mixed light samples. The second is especially challenging. My 5DII would not have done as well on either.

16/2.4 wide open:

30/2 wide open:

Jan 09, 2013 at 07:33 AM
MaMo

p.3 #7 · Samsung NX is awesome..be sure to check it out.

Hi,

I am using a Samsung NX20 with several lenses and overall I like my camera and the lenses are really good (also compared to the price I paid for them). There are some minor flaws in the camera firmware, but some of them are already fixed in the recently announced NX300, so nothing to really worry about.

I have some more sample images for you...
100% crops @ ISO1600 (quality is ok for me):

(w/o NR)

(with some NR)

And some other images:

Printed several images in 40x60 and IQ is very good.

Matthias

Jan 09, 2013 at 05:02 PM
jj birder
• •
p.3 #8 · Samsung NX is awesome..be sure to check it out.

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/9494257325/ces-2013-hands-on-with-samsung-nx300

Jan 10, 2013 at 08:55 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password