Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2012 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

12monkeys wrote:
Lars, you're still missing the point. The EU directive that you quote tells governments that their national legislation must provide consumers with two years of protection on their purchases. An EU directive is not law in itself. Given that France was facing a huge EU fine for taking until 2005 to transpose the directive into French law, I find it hard to believe that Britain hasn't managed to get its arse into gear by now. But the wording of implementing laws is up to individual governments. And the requirement for consumers to enjoy two years of protection does not mean
...Show more

It's not an EU directive.

It's signed and incorporated into every EU members national legislation."

Sep 04, 2012 at 04:33 PM
12monkeys
• •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

Did you actually read what I wrote?

Sep 04, 2012 at 04:34 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

jj_glos wrote:
Ralph is actually correct, you keep calling it a 2 year warranty (implying manufacturer responsibility). The EU directive is a two year guarantee with the retailer, as in the UK you'll get manufacturer warranty cover for the first year then the second via the retailer. SOGA gives the UK up to six years so is far superior to the EU directive. Canon only currently give 2 year warranty for the EOS 1DX (and cinema range), not the 5D3. So you only get the benefit of Canon repair centres etc for the first year, after that you'll be dealing with whoever
...Show more

I did the opposite. just read the post I made way back. I can make the same quote again:

""Don’t allow yourself to be referred to the manufacturer. The seller is liable for compliance with the contract of sale"

Sep 04, 2012 at 04:36 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

12monkeys wrote:
Did you actually read what I wrote?

Did you read this quote that I have made 3 times

""Don’t allow yourself to be referred to the manufacturer. The seller is liable for compliance with the contract of sale"

Sep 04, 2012 at 04:37 PM
jj_glos
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

Lars Johnsson wrote:
Did you read this quote that I have made 3 times

I already replied to that post. No good falling back to it now when you continued arguing a lost cause

Sep 04, 2012 at 04:41 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

Oh boys.
Everything is very easy. If your gear stops working, you usually have to go to your dealer and he sends it for repair to Canon within the one year time span. They will repair it for free. So usually you can send it directly to Canon, too (what normally results in much faster turn back but costs you the postage). After the year you bring it to your dealer and he has to find a way to get it running. If he tells you, you have to pay, you pay or go to your lawer and pay him. Understood?

Then let´s get back to this threads content.

Sep 04, 2012 at 04:50 PM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

I have bought lenses from Robert White and WEX in the UK. I got two years warranty from those shops. I returned one lens after 14-15 months when the aperture didn't work

Sep 04, 2012 at 04:54 PM
ac427

p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

Lars Johnsson wrote:
This is from Digital Rev. Not something I would do to "maybe" save 200 GBP. And certainly be without warranty in the UK

"Import Handling for non-Hong Kong customers
For most overseas delivery addresses, we apply an Import Handling surcharge for handling the importation of the order into your country of delivery. As importing products from overseas can be a hassle for most of our international customers, we choose to handle this process on your behalf by adding a surcharge to your order total. The purpose of this charge is to simplify the process of buying internationally and make budgeting easier
...Show more

"Once you have paid the Import Handling Fee" I guess it all comes down to how much that is then. :-)

Sep 06, 2012 at 10:18 AM
anthonygh
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

UK law is very specific on consumer purchases (business purchases are different). The contract is between the consumer and retailer (not the consumer and manufacturer unless the consumer bought directly from the manufacturer).

The retailer has liability at various levels for up to six years for the item sold. If this entails a cost to the retailer, the retailer has redress against the manufacturer (or wherever the retailer sourced the item.

In addition, if credit was provided to aid the purchase...the credit company also has a responsibility for the item. A reason for not making cash purchases even if a discount is offered as an enticement.

Back to the original issue.....the 5D3 is on offer from an eBay importer for £2100 approx. all taxes paid as the item comes from their UK warehouse.

Sep 06, 2012 at 04:13 PM
ac427

p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

anthonygh wrote:
Back to the original issue.....the 5D3 is on offer from an eBay importer for £2100 approx. all taxes paid as the item comes from their UK warehouse.

Does it really work? Some of their eBay feedback would suggest some customers incurred the import duty on top.

Sep 06, 2012 at 04:56 PM
anthonygh
• • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

ac427 wrote:
Does it really work? Some of their eBay feedback would suggest some customers incurred the import duty on top.

I was sceptical and asked on a UK forum about the company in question......no negative comments received. They are selling the G1X at £450 which is tempting me at the moment......but I also think the price will continue to slide on this item so I'm happy to wait.

Sep 06, 2012 at 06:16 PM
Beni
• • • • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

Who's doing zero import these days? Digital Rev used to but not any more, Assuming Canon have to warranty a camera bought in the EU, perhaps we should compile a list of cheap and reliable places in Europe to avoid the UK prices? I'm now also in the market for a 5D3...

Sep 07, 2012 at 01:25 AM
jj_glos
• • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

Panamoz state that all import fees etc. is paid by them, the price you see is all you pay. One Stop Digital will reimburse you if you have to pay import fees. I don't think you get fees with HDEW either, who currently have the 5D3 for £2179 + 3 yr guarantee.

Sep 07, 2012 at 09:43 AM
Lasse Eriksson
• • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

jj_glos wrote:
Panamoz state that all import fees etc. is paid by them, the price you see is all you pay. One Stop Digital will reimburse you if you have to pay import fees. I don't think you get fees with HDEW either, who currently have the 5D3 for £2179 + 3 yr guarantee.

I have been reading different in other forum's. Some people claim they added a handling fee on top of the price. All those kind of internet shops are a "grey area" maybe some people are lucky and get a camera/lens for that price. others have to pay more than the normal price after handling /import fees

Sep 07, 2012 at 10:18 AM
jj_glos
• • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

Lasse Eriksson wrote:
I have been reading different in other forum's. Some people claim they added a handling fee on top of the price. All those kind of internet shops are a "grey area" maybe some people are lucky and get a camera/lens for that price. others have to pay more than the normal price after handling /import fees

Links to these forums? I've used One Stop Digital many times and never paid a penny more than stated. HDEW and Panamoz I haven't used but over on the TP and OcUk forums plenty are using them and also only paying the price as stated.

Sep 07, 2012 at 05:00 PM
Lasse Eriksson
• • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

jj_glos wrote:
Links to these forums? I've used One Stop Digital many times and never paid a penny more than stated. HDEW and Panamoz I haven't used but over on the TP and OcUk forums plenty are using them and also only paying the price as stated.

Most of those threads are in the forums here www.fotosidan.se . And inside those threads are links to other forums also. There are a lot of threads about buying in England, UK, Netherlands, EU, Hongkong, USA and similar stuff

Sep 08, 2012 at 01:52 AM
Beni
• • • • • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

http://www.hpreston.co.uk/Canon-%C2%A31999-99-plus-Years-Warranty/dp/B007MNY8AG

£2398.99 with two year warranty, 10 month 0% interest, Canon UK dealer apparently.

I've got a feeling that the price will drop after Photokina, especially if the D600 comes out.

Sep 08, 2012 at 02:09 PM
sparrks
• •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

I just spotted that price on camera price buster, seems to be in a bit of a freefall - keep falling.

Sep 08, 2012 at 04:20 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.