3       4       end

Archive 2012 · 5D III Authorized US Dealer $2799.99

garydavidjones
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · 5D III Authorized US Dealer $2799.99

Only 14-day return period. How liberal are their return
policies? At $2700 their profit margin must minimal
so I doubt they can afford too many returns.

Aug 31, 2012 at 10:17 AM
snapsy
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · 5D III Authorized US Dealer $2799.99

garydavidjones wrote:
Only 14-day return period. How liberal are their return
policies? At $2700 their profit margin must minimal
so I doubt they can afford too many returns.

Here's the return policy from their ebay listing:

Return Policy
You may return merchandise purchased from Beachcamera for a refund or a replacement, provided that the procedures and requirements referred to in our return policy are followed. All product returns require a return authorization number (RA). A RA number must be issued within 45 calendar days after the date of purchase; it will be valid for 14 calendar days after it is issued.

Aug 31, 2012 at 10:20 AM
broncoholic
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · 5D III Authorized US Dealer $2799.99

They've sold 167 so far and it now shows "limited quantity available", so they'll likely sell out very shortly.

Yes I saw that.

Aug 31, 2012 at 10:20 AM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · 5D III Authorized US Dealer $2799.99

If demand for the 5D III was so high as many assume here, we wouldn't see those rapid price droppings. Let's wait for 5D IV......

Aug 31, 2012 at 10:27 AM
boingyman
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · 5D III Authorized US Dealer $2799.99

Wow great price.

Aug 31, 2012 at 10:27 AM
broncoholic
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · 5D III Authorized US Dealer $2799.99

Back to $3499, now

Aug 31, 2012 at 10:39 AM
garydavidjones
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · 5D III Authorized US Dealer $2799.99

$3499 now

Aug 31, 2012 at 10:43 AM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · 5D III Authorized US Dealer $2799.99

retrofocus wrote:
If demand for the 5D III was so high as many assume here, we wouldn't see those rapid price droppings. Let's wait for 5D IV......

Not that it matters but the official price of this camera on Beach website is still $3,400+, which is similar to other reputable on-line stores. So, it is not the official reduction of the MSRP. They must have received some kind of special shipment and the only way they could sell it would be on that auction site. Of course, there is no way for me knowing this for sure, it is more speculation on my part .

Aug 31, 2012 at 10:44 AM
svassh
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · 5D III Authorized US Dealer $2799.99

Hope some of you got in on this. I was feeling pretty good about my $2950 NIB purchase on the B&S board from someone that bought a package from Beach Camera last month. Oh well anybody still looking set yourself up an alert over at slickdeals.net. Beach Camera seems to have a 5D 3 sale every week but this is the best one yet that didn't require purchase of a grip or other accessories.

Aug 31, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Mike1.6
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · 5D III Authorized US Dealer $2799.99

hsk06 wrote:
At this price, can't resist anymore

Me neither.

Aug 31, 2012 at 10:54 AM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · 5D III Authorized US Dealer $2799.99

If y'all have missed this price, talk to retro, he's willing to pickup the difference .

AGeoJO wrote:
Not that it matters but the official price of this camera on Beach website is still $3,400+, which is similar to other reputable on-line stores. So, it is not the official reduction of the MSRP. They must have received some kind of special shipment and the only way they could sell it would be on that auction site. Of course, there is no way for me knowing this for sure, it is more speculation on my part .

Aug 31, 2012 at 10:56 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · 5D III Authorized US Dealer $2799.99

goosemang wrote:
as someone who bought this camera for $3,500, i knew i was gonna bite the early adopter bullet.

You did get the adrenaline rush of knowing that you were first with the very newest thing...

... but, in general, unless one really needs the new thing immediately - as opposed to wanting it really badly - it is almost always better to wait at least a little while to make your purchase. Those who are first out of the gate to get the new thing are a bit more likely to deal with:

- paying list price or even higher for the camera - the price will invariably soften once the early excitable early adopter market is satisfied.

- various little technical glitches that don't become apparent until the camera is in the hands of thousands of users.

- lack of full, objective information about the camera that only becomes more available once it becomes more widely available and more people have a chance to use it more thoroughly.

If you need it right away, you have no choice. But if you can wait, wait.

Oh, and now a public service announcement from the Obvious Corollaries Department... if Beach can offer it at this price this week, you can be virtually certain that they are not the only retailer who will be able to offer the camera at comparable prices in the very near future. Stay calm! :-)

Dan

Edited on Aug 31, 2012 at 11:02 AM · View previous versions

Aug 31, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Vivek
• • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · 5D III Authorized US Dealer $2799.99

Still showing 2699$... I hope this is the shape of things to come... This camera WAS overpriced and now is showing after early adopters have been taken care of... I would NOT pay more than 2500$ for one - actually coming to think of it, not interested ATM from my photography perspective.

Aug 31, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Vivek
• • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · 5D III Authorized US Dealer $2799.99

Back to 3499 literally within a few seconds (at least, here) - so now it is 3499... definitely NOT interested in it at that price.

Aug 31, 2012 at 10:58 AM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · 5D III Authorized US Dealer $2799.99

AGeoJO wrote:

If I would be camera dealer, I would do the same - sticking to the highest price tag as long as possible since profitability is highest there for the store. It is a tricky game since you never know if some other dealer is leaving this game and announces more reasonable price tags, maybe in the beginning just to see how it goes. Also as others mentioned earlier, Canon likely enforces dealers not to lower prices too much on their behalf. Maybe dealers have a permission by offering "special deals" for a very short period of time for a limited amount of camera bodies (they might claim it as advertisement and to attract customers).

Aug 31, 2012 at 11:19 AM
stanj
• • • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · 5D III Authorized US Dealer $2799.99

goosemang wrote:
as someone who bought this camera for $3,500, i knew i was gonna bite the early adopter bullet.

gdanmitchell wrote:
You did get the adrenaline rush of knowing that you were first with the very newest thing...

Don't know. I have put 4 months and about 30k clicks on the camera before the price moved a penny. The ability to get in-focus shots was worth the $500 or so to me, while of course it may be different to other people. This is even more true for me with lenses - if for no other reason other than knowing that the lens isn't a return

Aug 31, 2012 at 11:25 AM
thedigitalbean
• • • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · 5D III Authorized US Dealer $2799.99

Ordered mine (already have one but need a second body for an upcoming trip) this morning at around 6:30 AM and just received a shipping confirmation with tracking number (3 hours later). Beach Camera is awesome.

Aug 31, 2012 at 11:32 AM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · 5D III Authorized US Dealer $2799.99

retrofocus wrote:

retro,
The point I was trying to make was that it is not a wide-spread or universal price drop or drops you implied in your post, at least not yet. Only Beach has made a few special deals in the last few weeks and nobody else. The official price will, of course, eventually drop, like any other cameras before the 5D Mark III but when and to what extent, who knows. I realized that you don't like the 5D Mark III for whatever reasons and that's is fine and you are entitled to your opinion but I know myself and a lot of others really enjoy that camera.

Aug 31, 2012 at 11:34 AM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · 5D III Authorized US Dealer $2799.99

Not sure if you can read this:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpost.php?p=14931250&postcount=43

Aug 31, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · 5D III Authorized US Dealer $2799.99

I bought mine early too, but no regret. Several months of use and the difference is not $700 for me. It's roughly about $300-$400. Why? Because I sold my 5D Mark II back then for about $1,800. Now, it'll be very luck to sell it for $1,500.

Potentially, from recent deals, I think you can get a 5D Mark III deal during Black Friday for $2,800 or under if you can wait.

Aug 31, 2012 at 12:20 PM
       3       4       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.