Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       end

Archive 2012 · Best Tablet for Photography?

sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · Best Tablet for Photography?

I have the surface pro 128. I wouldn't waste my time putting PS on it. its color accuracy is about the equivalent to an ipad which is limited. I have all my camera control programs on it and a copy of ACDsee pro 6 for looking images over. Nikon and Canon codecs and still have enough room to move 32GB cards of images in and out to an external drive.
keyboardwise I have their tactile keyboard which serves as the cover too for the screen. it is intelligent in use as it knows what to do depending on its position. the SP unlike the ipad also recognizes my BT GPS and works well with streets and trips too. put on Libre Office 4 and I still have 76GB open. slid in a 64 GB microSD card in it too so there is a C and D drive. can load movies and music. it is quite a bit more usable.

in addition for use cellular, it is system agnostic. no particular fave for any because it does not have it built in. resolution? a cell based mobile hotspot or usb modem which allows you to move fwd with the systems as they "progress". of course in your favorite flavor.

Edited on Feb 13, 2013 at 10:19 AM · View previous versions

Feb 12, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · Best Tablet for Photography?

How come it's not good enough for PS? The XPS screen seems fine with it...

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:06 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · Best Tablet for Photography?

I didn't say you couldn't use it with PS. have you matched colors to a color chart? sorta doesn't quite make it. not for color critical work to me. oh you can put it on and it will run but for me I have other uses for the usable space. I mean come on now a 10.5" screen for PS? I guess if you want.

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · Best Tablet for Photography?

Well there are 256GB thumb drives if it's just about space...

But I don't do "color critical work" so I'm good. The printed output looks the same as the screen so that's all I want/expect.

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:23 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · Best Tablet for Photography?

new toy just in from Sanho

https://www.hypershop.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=231

$300

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:25 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · Best Tablet for Photography?

Bifurcator wrote:
Well there are 256GB thumb drives if it's just about space...

But I don't do "color critical work" so I'm good. The printed output looks the same as the screen so that's all I want/expect.

then it should satisfy you. just remember those thumbdrives and be pretty sketchy when it comes to xfr speed (real world not imagined by the marketing dept)

and maybe I should use the term more "color real"

if you are less critical then maybe elements 11 might be a good choice instead of the mass that PS can be.

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Arka
• • • • • •
p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · Best Tablet for Photography?

To me color accuracy is a non-issue, as long as I can see the RGB values. I can use the Surface to work out big compositional issues on the go, and fine tune color on the desktop. Plus, given that I use Photoshop more for illustration than photo processing, it makes no sense for me to not take advantage of the pressure sensitive pen input .

Arka C.

Feb 13, 2013 at 06:47 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.5 #8 · p.5 #8 · Best Tablet for Photography?

that is, as the say, "your option to use as you need/want".

Feb 13, 2013 at 09:43 PM
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.