Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Florabella actions...

Pete D.

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Florabella actions...

In the last post I was flamed for talking about StyleMyPic actions/presets, and going against Vsco. Sorry about that, I still am window shopping for editing tools and researching that will work well for me with wedding shoots.

This time, I would like to know about the Florabella actions. Anyone use them for wedding/Portrait work? These actions seem to have a nice pastel look to it, for a nice innocent and soft feel.If someone does, please also let me know how you incorporate it in your workflow.

Thanks,
Pete.

Ps- I finally bought the SMP pret e porter collection, and it works amazingly well, with just the exposure slider to finetune according to differently lit images. I am still experimenting and I will post some images as soon as i am confident of my photography part.(The amazing images here intimidate me to post mine)

Aug 23, 2012 at 05:22 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Florabella actions...

never heard of it
Why not just make your own presets?

Aug 23, 2012 at 05:24 PM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Florabella actions...

Most presets are just that, presets. You can experiment and create things just as well.

VSCO is different in that it changes the camera profile. You can do that ( I have been working on my own ), but it is not like pushing around sliders till you find what you like.

If you like VSCO or not, that is up to you, but they are quite a bit different. (especially with how profiles interact with LR4 tone mapping)

Aug 23, 2012 at 05:29 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Florabella actions...

FYI. There is not or never will be a magical preset that is worth the money to instantly make your image awesome.

Garbage in, garbage out.

Now.... Presets can be a great starting point in your editing process.

What we have done in the past and still do... We got presets that were cool but needed some tweaking to our liking. So we did that and saved them in a folder. Now we have 6 presets we love and 4 more that are B&W. We will use them on our images, but every image will include more editing and tweaking. it is very rare that we just click a preset and run with it. We do have 1 preset that has kind of our default that we use on every image. It includes sharpening, basic noise reduction, color profile, saturday and a few other color tweaks. Every image gets that, then we go back in and tweak from there.

Your best bet is to find some free ones and customize them.

Aug 23, 2012 at 05:40 PM
Pete D.

p.1 #5 · Florabella actions...

The Florabella ones are actions for Photoshop, and Style my Pic are both presets and actions.

Are the camera profiles any useful even if you are using same camera set? I would rather worry about different light situations that we face, than camera profiles, which i'm sure only photogs with geeky displays notice, but never the client.

Aug 23, 2012 at 05:45 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Florabella actions...

There is no such thing as mouse-click-perfection. You are searching for a bypass to creating a style. You're not going to get anywhere until you direct a path in your style. What I see in the actions you've mentioned is that they are pretty simple and straight forward processing. I agree with others. You need to spend some time creating your own prests and style.

Aug 23, 2012 at 06:02 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Pete D.

p.1 #7 · Florabella actions...

Thanks for your input Alan, I will get to that point soon enough.

Aug 23, 2012 at 06:09 PM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Florabella actions...

Pete D. wrote:
The Florabella ones are actions for Photoshop, and Style my Pic are both presets and actions.

Are the camera profiles any useful even if you are using same camera set? I would rather worry about different light situations that we face, than camera profiles, which i'm sure only photogs with geeky displays notice, but never the client.

VSCO camera profiles do not try to color correct the sensor. They try to hit more "film-like" response. I wish the profiles did more in that regard, but they are contrasty profiles that I like using to augment the rest of my processing (I do not use much of the vsco presets, mostly just the profiles).

I am not a processing/wedding pro. I am actually a software guy.

Aug 23, 2012 at 06:13 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · Florabella actions...

Which Photoshop actions allow you to charge 3000 for a wedding?

Aug 23, 2012 at 10:40 PM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Florabella actions...

D. Diggler wrote:
Which Photoshop actions allow you to charge 3000 for a wedding?

They are like stickers on race cars. Stickers are worth 5-10 hp, so I would say each preset is worth ~$100 per wedding

Aug 23, 2012 at 10:52 PM
rtread
• •
p.1 #11 · Florabella actions...

I have some florabella actions and like them. they are adjustable so you can have a full effect or a minor effect. its a great starting point for me personally.

Aug 28, 2012 at 08:04 PM
Smridevan
• •
p.1 #12 · Florabella actions...

Are there other sample images using the Florabella actions besides the ones on the website itself? I am also intrigued by these actions and wonder if they are worth the cost and if there are alternatives.

Sep 12, 2012 at 03:15 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password