Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Smugmug - Andy leaving

Carson Wilcox
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Smugmug - Andy leaving

This is aimed at those of you who host on Smugmug. I've been on the road a lot this summer and haven't been paying a lot of attention. For that reason I just found out yesterday that Andy is leaving or has perhaps already left. Does anyone have any thoughts/ideas/information on what that will mean for us.

Thanks
Carson

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Jimsokay
• • •
p.1 #2 · Smugmug - Andy leaving

Haven't heard that.

Best guesses is infighting or a sale is not that far off or maybe it's just time to move on?

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Carson Wilcox
• •
p.1 #3 · Smugmug - Andy leaving

http://blog.moonriverphotography.com/2012/08/andy-williams-is-leaving-smugmug.html

Aug 24, 2012 at 01:26 AM
zacw

p.1 #4 · Smugmug - Andy leaving

Hey gang, Zac here from SmugMug. I hope linking to another forum isn't against the rules here but Andy did post a goodbye thread on our own Dgrin forum which you can see on the link below. I hope this helps clear things up! And no worries, SmugMug is doing great! Andy just so happens to by my father and he is doing great as well .

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=224464

The quote from Andy:

"I've had a long run with SmugMug, since December of 2003 when I started Dgrin at Baldy's request Then, officially signing on with SmugMug in September of 2005 and then becoming Chief Operating Officer. When I started at SmugMug, I was the 10th person at the company - and now there are over 110! With me in New York and the company in California, and with so many amazing people that now work at SmugMug, the time has come for me to move on - and that's what I'm doing.

So, what does the future bring for me? I'm not exactly sure, I'm pursuing some different opportunities. I expect to be instructing, teaching, writing, and doing workshops and more. Of course I will continue to be here, helping to make Dgrin as great a forum as possible, and try to help out anyone that needs my assistance.

Thank you all for being here, and for being part of what I love most - the photography community. "

Aug 24, 2012 at 07:26 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password