FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

Archive 2012 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

Michaelparris
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

marti.g3 wrote:
Hey Lisa, how did you set up your rep program ? Did you go to the school, or know someone who got you in the door or ?? I have three local HS's that are in the upper income level that I want to try to develop the same program. I know they have none.

She answered it for me in another thread:

I totally forgot to answer the question about my senior rep program. I chose 5 girls in total...2 from one local high school and 3 from the bigger high school. They are getting their session and pro hair/makeup for free (normally $200). I'll be making up rep cards for them (sort of like a business card, but with their images, my info, and a small discount or deal for the person who is handed the rep card) and for each senior that books and pays for a session with me, the rep who referred them gets a $100 credit toward their own portrait package. So basically, they are my inside link to the high schools and will be marketing for me both there and on Facebook. This is my first year trying a program like this, but I'd really love to focus more on seniors so I figured I'd do a trial run this year with the local high schools, and if it's successful, I'll consider expanding it to the Vegas area next year

Aug 23, 2012 at 09:52 AM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

Thank you all so much! I'm having so much fun with my seniors this year.

prairietom wrote:
Lisa, What is the tunnel for? I mean besides photography. I would think it is for animals or people to use instead of crossing the tracks.

I'm honestly not sure...maybe water? Or animals? The one I used looked like it's been there over 100 years. I'm bummed that I'm not supposed to use it! :/

misternikko wrote:
excellent excellent work of beautiful girls. The first set was my favorite, guessing yours too since you put it first. Def was the strongest set.

Id drift away from the squatting pose I see in almost every session though, its not very flattering.

Nevertheless, great stuff here and thanks for sharing!

Thank you! Yes, the first girl was super fun to work with - very comfortable in front of the camera and it showed. I guess the squatting poses are just a matter of taste - I like them but know not everyone is a fan. I do try to get a variety of sitting, squatting, standing, etc to mix things up.

marti.g3 wrote:
Hey Lisa, how did you set up your rep program ? Did you go to the school, or know someone who got you in the door or ?? I have three local HS's that are in the upper income level that I want to try to develop the same program. I know they have none.

Looks like Michael got that one for me - thanks Michael! So far, it's working really well - I'm already scheduling referrals and school just started. Katie was a referral from my first rep.

Aug 23, 2012 at 05:47 PM
RobWNY
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

great work indeed. Love many of them... the spinning shots were executed perfectly. You've inspired me to try a similar shot real soon with a senior... I've attempted it with my then 6 year old, but it didn't work out nearly as well as yours.

Aug 23, 2012 at 08:34 PM
David Levett
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

These are incredible! Great work.

Aug 24, 2012 at 02:13 AM
N.Cost
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

Great work, not much else to say.

Aug 24, 2012 at 10:37 AM
sivrajbm
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

Very Nice set...

Aug 24, 2012 at 01:44 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

Thank you!

Aug 26, 2012 at 02:11 PM
dnapsqm
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

Great work Lisa. What kind of set up are you using for your off-camera lighting shots. They look nice!

-Mike

Aug 26, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

Thanks Mike! I just used the 580EXii and shot through a white umbrella, triggered by 2 PWII transcievers. Very simple setup as I have just started learning this.

Aug 27, 2012 at 01:31 PM
Bruce Sawle
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

Beautiful images!! I'm sure these girls will be ecstatic.

Aug 27, 2012 at 05:52 PM
basselmudarris

p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

The portraits you are able to create are some of the most beautiful portraits I've ever seen. Great composition, lighting, processing, your images just POP... and they all look so natural.

If you don't mind, can you share some of the post-processing, or perhaps give some tips in terms of post-processing portraits? It'd really be appreciated.

Aug 30, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Dentx
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

Love the OCF shots Lisa! It adds a totally new dimension to your awesome talent. Fantastic work.

Sep 08, 2012 at 11:20 PM
MtnM
• •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

Love the way their personality comes through.

How do you manage wardrobe changes when you are in the remote areas?

Mike

Sep 09, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

Thanks guys! Mike, they just change in the car - easier for me to get away with, I'd imagine, since I'm female. I would think that if I were male, I'd bring along a portable changing tent or something like that? I'm really not sure.

Sep 09, 2012 at 10:22 AM
CoreyMcD

p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

The Merry-Go-Round ones are incredible!

Sep 09, 2012 at 04:59 PM
MrFotografer

p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

Great great great series. The light balance in Becca's sax portrait is exceptional. The slight underexposure of the background really makes the color in the clouds snap. Nice job.

Sep 10, 2012 at 11:09 AM
labowman22

p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

Hi Lisa! Incredible pictures! Absolutely stunning? Are you using manual focus on all these pictures? The lighting is perfect! Did you use any softboxes? Or did you shoot your external flash pointing toward the inside of your umbrella?

Sep 11, 2012 at 01:50 PM
brianclary
• •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

Lisa, love your photographs, very inspiring. Keep it up and keep sharing!

Sep 20, 2012 at 08:49 AM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

Thank you again everyone! I appreciate your thoughts and comments!

I do manual everything (camera settings) BUT focus - always auto focus. Most of these are natural light only except for the few that I did using OCF - my setup is really simple, just the 580EX II shot through a white umbrella. Yes, it was pointing toward the inside of the umbrella.

Sep 20, 2012 at 09:31 AM
AFphotography
• •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

These are some of the best portraits I have seen in quite some time. Do you mind me asking what lens or lenses you used for these?

Sep 20, 2012 at 03:44 PM
       3       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.