Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · curiosity about wedding timing in other countries

fabiocamandona
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · curiosity about wedding timing in other countries

Hi all, like subject, when i saw your images i see different timing in the wedding day so I'm curoius about them

I begin, in Italy work in this way:

4 hours before cerimony the bride began to prepare herself. Usually at mother's house. It's all calm. One hour before some friends arrive to drink eat something.
2 hourse before the groom began himself, same thing.
Cerimony about 1 hour, 1 1/2 hour
Out the church, sometimes, 4 pictures with: mother and father of them - parents of her - parents of him - friends of them. This kind of photos are always less requested (personally don't like them).
1 hour to take photos between cerimony and location party. We personally don't do them, don't like, we prefer to take some shoots in location during the time.
In location: wedding cake, first dance, "fliying bouquet" , and nothing more.

If you stay all the time you work about 12 hours. Many photog (usually "older") just stay about 5 hours, 1 before cerimony, church and 2 in location. Personally don't like it.

This is not OUR way to work, this is the usual way to work.
In your country ?

Aug 21, 2012 at 02:52 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · curiosity about wedding timing in other countries

In the U.S. it is very similar to that. Most photographers I know work between 8 and 12 hours for most weddings.

The only difference is that in the U.S. there are a lot of weddings that don't happen in churches. When they don't, there are often a lot more couples that get their portraits taken before the ceremony and then don't have a break before the reception (party). Overall it seems very similar though.

Aug 21, 2012 at 02:58 PM
fabiocamandona
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · curiosity about wedding timing in other countries

It Italy you (groom) CAN'T (disaster will happen to your family and friends for all the years till the end of the time ) see the bride until the cerimony. Really, never and never. You have to discover your bride and her hair, make-up and dress and shoes just at the beginning of the cerimony.
Don't ask my why, we use so.

Aug 21, 2012 at 03:21 PM
SloPhoto
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · curiosity about wedding timing in other countries

Most catholic weddings are similar in timing to an Italian wedding. One key difference is that there is a bit more freedom and movement from the couple and photographer during the ceremony. The caravan of marked cars from one location to another is very rare. The "dinner" portion is often quite a bit shorter at an American event (1-2 courses + cake cutting). Other than that they are fairly similar from what I can remember (I went to two of my cousins' weddings in calabria)

Different religions and cultures vary this quite a bit.

For example in a Chinese/Vietnamese wedding the bride and groom often take a photo with each guest as they come into the reception venue, and then during an 8 course meal, the bride and groom go around to each and every table and express thanks.

When my non religious cousin got married, she did it outside at a campground and the ceremony lasted a whole 5 minutes.

Aug 21, 2012 at 05:24 PM
Beni
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · curiosity about wedding timing in other countries

In Israel the ceremony is usually at 7:30 and is always late, makup and bridal pics at 4pm or so then groom and his family, ceremony, 10 mins for couple pics if you're lucky then dancing and the evening.

Aug 21, 2012 at 05:43 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · curiosity about wedding timing in other countries

fabiocamandona wrote:
It Italy you (groom) CAN'T see the bride until the cerimony.

That's the way it is for me 95% of the time. First time groom sees bride is her walking down the aisle at the ceremony.

Aug 21, 2012 at 09:10 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · curiosity about wedding timing in other countries

fabiocamandona wrote:
Cerimony about 1 hour, 1 1/2 hour
Out the church, sometimes, 4 pictures with: mother and father of them - parents of her - parents of him - friends of them. This kind of photos are always less requested

These pictures with parents and friends after the ceremony are ALWAYS requested. Usually is done inside the church, not outside. Usually 30 minutes to 60 minutes time for these pictures.

Aug 21, 2012 at 09:16 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

fabiocamandona
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · curiosity about wedding timing in other countries

D. Diggler wrote:
]

These pictures with parents and friends after the ceremony are ALWAYS requested. Usually is done inside the church, not outside. Usually 30 minutes to 60 minutes time for these pictures.

Terrific

Aug 21, 2012 at 09:53 PM
ShacharLee
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · curiosity about wedding timing in other countries

Beni wrote:
In Israel the ceremony is usually at 7:30 and is always late, makup and bridal pics at 4pm or so then groom and his family, ceremony, 10 mins for couple pics if you're lucky then dancing and the evening.

Are you shooting religious weddings? it's a very small country but our hours are very different.
In 90% of the wedding I'm shooting (non religious) this is how it goes:
2:30-4:30 bride getting ready (at home, hotel or bridal salon. usually we do not shoot groom getting ready)
4:30-5:30 groom arrives for first look (yes this is the standard here, we do not set it up it's just how it goes)
5:30-7 Bride and groom portraits (including driving time to the venue, we do not have bridal party)
7-7:30 family formal and shooting the venue
7:30-8:30 cocktail hour (usually last till 9 actually) and singing the Marriage contract by the groom (in a separate room, no crowd)
9-9:30 ceremony (in the venue usually outside in the dark)
9:30 -10:30 dinner and dancing (usually no speeches but sometimes a slideshow. no father and daughter dance only B&G first dance)
10:30-2 more dancing
in winter everything starts a little earlier so we will have time to shoot B&G before it gets dark and of curse a lot of the times there are some delays but this is pretty much the normal timeline for the day.

Aug 22, 2012 at 01:48 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · curiosity about wedding timing in other countries

Tony Hoffer wrote:
there are often a lot more couples that get their portraits taken before the ceremony and then don't have a break before the reception

I don't think I've ever shot couple portraits before the ceremony. Bride by herself and groom by himself, yes. But not together. Even my couples married outside the church want to avoid seeing each other before the ceremony.

Aug 22, 2012 at 01:59 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · curiosity about wedding timing in other countries

D. Diggler wrote:

Further I will add that these pictures right after the ceremony, with parents and friends, account for 90% of print sales!

Aug 22, 2012 at 02:04 AM
WNStudio
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · curiosity about wedding timing in other countries

In Poland it's pretty similar. Main difference is that (in my area) groom with his parents come to a bride's home before the ceremony and parents give them blessing. Another thing is that not everyone here wants getting ready coverage, but that may be coused by my pricing strategy (it costs extra).
I think most of us could work enywhere in the world with a little preparation.
Maybe one more difference- I do more aftershoot with b&g during a week - I like it a lot, it takes my time but I found the results really worth it.

Aug 22, 2012 at 08:05 AM
ShacharLee
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · curiosity about wedding timing in other countries

Forgot to mention that all our weddings are on weekdays evening, sometimes we get Friday noon but that's more rare and I hate shooting those as it's too hot here at noon.

Aug 22, 2012 at 09:24 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password